2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like both a lot. And I'm surprised that no team has done the grey lettering on their road alt jersey before, it should look very good with grey pants. Then again, they would have been just fine using the home alt on the road.

The Mariners actually did it on their navy road alts. They started in 2003 as home alts with a "Mariners" script and white lettering, but when they made them the road alts in 2011 they made the lettering gray/silver. And of course it carried over to this season when they switched to the "Seattle" script.

These Mets alts both look beautiful. I normally don't like two same-colored alts, but the fact that they made the road alt script gray was a nice touch. A+

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Anyone know what is going on with the Brewers? Chris tweeted something like that there will be something interesting unveiled later in the week, and today the Brewers posted on their social media sites a plain white uniform with nothing on it, saying "what do you think of this uniform"?

Anyone know what is going on with the Brewers? Chris tweeted something like that there will be something interesting unveiled later in the week, and today the Brewers posted on their social media sites a plain white uniform with nothing on it, saying "what do you think of this uniform"?

http://brewers.mlblo...u-in-youniform/

Design a uni that will be worn during spring training next year.

http://brewers.mlblo...u-in-youniform/

Design a uni that will be worn during spring training next year.

Alright thanks. Thankfully only for the Spring. Was worried there for a little bit haha

ydrhbMLL.jpeg

It might just be the lighting, but does the purple in that patch have a lighter hue than the rest of the jersey?

Fabric used on patch reflects light differently than that of the jersey.

Heh...isn't "reflecting light differently" literally what makes colors different? I know what you mean of course.

ydrhbMLL.jpeg

It might just be the lighting, but does the purple in that patch have a lighter hue than the rest of the jersey?

Fabric used on patch reflects light differently than that of the jersey.

Heh...isn't "reflecting light differently" literally what makes colors different? I know what you mean of course.

Kind of but not really. The patch is intended to be one color. The fabric, lighting change the way it looks. Colors are one thing and how we view it (with all the other factors) is a completely different thing.

I think the best way to explain what I am trying to say is for example, the A's wear hunter green. Under the lights, under the sun, the team color is still hunter green. Even though it may look different on TV, photos, or in person from lighting or fabric, it's still hunter green. Color doesn't change, the perception of it for us changes though due to all the other factors.

At least that's how I perceive it

Go A's!

And an embroidered patch will match polyester fabric under one set of lighting conditions (such as sunlight) and look very different from one another under artificial light. Same with in person, on film, or on video. It's very hard to match colors across all platforms and conditions.

That Rockies patch may match the purple jersey exactly when you go to a day game. Or maybe when you watch a night game on television. But not both.

The Mets tweeted the blue home alternate:

374439_10152286093220078_639474651_n.jpg

This Mets fan digs the jersey, but I wish they'd wear it with the pinstriped pants at home.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The Mets tweeted the blue home alternate:

374439_10152286093220078_639474651_n.jpg

This Mets fan digs the jersey, but I wish they'd wear it with the pinstriped pants at home.

It matches up better with the non-pinstripe pants. Both have piping.

I think I just long to return to the 80s.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61of6jnteqL.jpg

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived