2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

As I said previously, it's not "new", you've seen it before, but it is being worn as a secondary alt along with a uniform you've seen before.

Wait, it's worn with a uniform we've seen before? Meaning they are adding an alterante uniform, too? I guess that confirms it's the fauxback set from last year.

I'm guessing light blue bill cap (We've seen as a current BP cap) to be worn with the light blue jersey, again, a jersey we've seen.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited to see what the new Mets alts will look like. Also looking forward to the Cards supposedly dumping the navy road cap, and still crossing my fingers on my Mariners bringing back the teal bill for all home games (plus a return of the teal-crowned alt cap would be nice).

Sidenote: the Astros didn't introduce a BP cap with their new design. Does that mean these new "5950 BP" rumors are just a hoax and teams will just be wearing one of their game caps for BP? I know several teams already do that.

Anyone heard a date on a Mets unveil?

rumor was 11/14. don't know if that date will be affected by sandy or not, but i'd expect an unveil before thanksgiving so they can get them in the clubhouse shops for black friday.

Anyone heard anything? I know they are holding a food donation drive all day tomorrow at Citi Field and giving discounts to those who donate. Doesn't sound like an oh btw here's our new jersey type of thing so maybe Sandy pushed back the timetable.

mets.png

i'm a big fan of both, but i especially like the road. the grey lettering is a nice nod to the '82-'84 alts, and it's a nice way to differentiate from the home alt look (as well as gives consumers a reason to buy both).

nice job by the mets. absolutely one of the best sets in baseball now.

sig2024.png

I like both a lot. And I'm surprised that no team has done the grey lettering on their road alt jersey before, it should look very good with grey pants. Then again, they would have been just fine using the home alt on the road.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Both look amazing. I love how they went with gray letters on the away one.

I've always kind of thought hats with a white letter (NYY, Nats, Atlanta) on the road gray jerseys looked kind of lame... this seems to be a step in the right direction. Well done Mets (I hope you still stink at baseball though).

90758391980.gif

Archived