2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The only problem i see with Eagles in silver pants is the fact that it would make three teams in that division alone with gray/silver pants.

But, i think they all have different enough looks to avoid any problems. I'd actually be all for it.

I think the away would be better off with green pants but silver for the homes would be great.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Grossi posted another interesting one about potential Browns uniform changes, this one in the form of an informal player poll in the locker room. It is interesting to hear the opinions of the players, as well as see which players seem to be interested in uniforms and those who could care less:

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=7881

70389454.png

Tony Grossi posted another interesting one about potential Browns uniform changes, this one in the form of an informal player poll in the locker room. It is interesting to hear the opinions of the players, as well as see which players seem to be interested in uniforms and those who could care less:

http://espncleveland...49&post_id=7881

Josh Cooper: “I like the plain look. I like the all-white. I’d like to wear the brown pants. That would be sweet. I’ve seen them.”

Is he referring to seeing them on TV or did Nike give the Browns a brown pants option?

Josh Cooper: “I like the plain look. I like the all-white. I’d like to wear the brown pants. That would be sweet. I’ve seen them.”

Is he referring to seeing them on TV or did Nike give the Browns a brown pants option?

My guess is he is talking about the Mangini-era solid brown pants

70389454.png

These look terrible. On top of that, why no mockup of brown jerseys/orange pants?

Nike-Mocks.jpg

These look terrible. On top of that, why no mockup of brown jerseys/orange pants?

Nike-Mocks.jpg

Woah, chill out. That mock-up was from a member on here I believe.

I doubt it. We've all seen them. He made it sound like he saw the current ones in the equipment room or something. At least that's my take.

Nike-Mocks.jpg

I did those a few years ago, after the Nike/NFL deal was announced, but they weren't the final design. I ended up switching them over to a different template I made and revised the stripes to fit on the sleeves better. Disappointing that so many "reputable" news sources have picked these up and posted them as real.

Huge Dolphins fan here and I have updates.

The team hosts a "Web Weekend" where fans who run top Dolphins related sites get invited to the team faciliteis to hang out with people in the organization and see the locker room and all that fun stuff. I wasn't involved in this but I follow people on Twitter who were, and they talked to Dolphins CEO Mike Dee about the rumors of the logo change and here's what's happening...

1. The logo is changing officially. No more rumors. It's happening.

2. It's not going to be a major change at all. Colors staying the same, thankfully.

3. It's going to be a mix of the retro logo with a modern look.

4. Navy WILL still be part of it.

So there you have it. Apparently Dan Marino, Bob Griese and a few others saw the logo and they all loved it. As a die-hard Dolphins fan, as long as the colors and the basic design stay as they always have, then I'll be happy. And it looks like that it will indeed be like it's always been.

Nike-Mocks.jpg

Sorry about that. But the designs are not my cup of tea. Other than the uniforms style, the mock-up is very well done though!

The team hosts a "Web Weekend" where fans who run top Dolphins related sites get invited to the team faciliteis to hang out with people in the organization and see the locker room and all that fun stuff. I wasn't involved in this but I follow people on Twitter who were, and they talked to Dolphins CEO Mike Dee about the rumors of the logo change and here's what's happening...

2. It's not going to be a major change at all. Colors staying the same, thankfully.

So there you have it. Apparently Dan Marino, Bob Griese and a few others saw the logo and they all loved it. As a die-hard Dolphins fan, as long as the colors and the basic design stay as they always have, then I'll be happy. And it looks like that it will indeed be like it's always been.

I like the retro logo, especially the first logo with the dolphin jumping through the ring (as opposed to being on top of it). Not a fan of keeping navy though, but I'll reserve judgement until I see it.

YES!

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

so he thinks using a player focus group is a legitimate way to make branding decisions? obviously, hes not in branding. whats that Henry Ford quote? "if i asked people what they wanted they would have said a faster horse"?

mix of retro and modern sound exactly like what they already have, lol

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

so he thinks using a player focus group is a legitimate way to make branding decisions? obviously, hes not in branding. whats that Henry Ford quote? "if i asked people what they wanted they would have said a faster horse"?

That's an awesome quote.

If I owned a team, I'd ask the players what they wanted in a uniform, then do the exact opposite.

If I were a Fins fan, I'd be happy Griese & Marino liked it. They seem to both be traditionalist, and the Dolphins are a traditional team.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

They can keep navy as an accent color on the logo as long as they get it off the uniform. And before people jump in with the same complaints they have about the Chiefs and 49ers, no, you don't have to feature all the colors of your logo in your uniforms. The Dolphins have a great, bright color scheme. Adding navy to the numbers and stripes really muddied it. I'm fine with them keeping a little bit of navy in the logo so they can still sell navy t-shirts. Just get it off the numbers and stripes.

Still, it will be interesting to see what they actually do. I mean, their number font sucks, but it is a block font. Other than the drop shadow, it pretty much already is an update of a traditional set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Nike-Mocks.jpg

I like those mock ups,especially the orange with brown pants. that would be good alternate. I agree missing best possible combo, brown shirt with orange pants.

Sounds like another "Barely worth the bother" logo redo, like the Cardinals and Panthers. Have a little fun, NFL Properties.

I doubt it. We've all seen them. He made it sound like he saw the current ones in the equipment room or something. At least that's my take.

Sounds to me like Nike made brown pants for them. After all, who knew the Panthers had black pants until last Sunday when they busted them out. Lets hope the Browns bust out the brown pants too!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived