2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't wanna see it—but only because the Colts have owned the blue-and-white thing for so many years, I wouldn't want to see two NFL teams with the exact same color set currently. I wouldn't, however, have an issue with them going navy and white...and it wouldn't surprise me if that's what they end up doing.

Either way...at least now we know why the Rams 86'd the gold pants prior to this season...seems they're testing the "goldless" waters, so to speak.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

http://www.turfshowt...orms-throwbacks

I wonder what you guys think about this?

I think dark blue and white with metallic gold accents (including the ram horns on the helmet) would be a good look. I'd use a darker shade of blue than the Rams currently use and only wear white pants. It would be similar to the 60's Rams uniforms with just a little twist.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

If you need to show a bunch of small details to be able to explain why a logo is bad, then I think you might be missing something.

i think you're missing something. they've been pointed out because most non-designers cant see them. those are the details of sloppy, amateur work. the logo is a complete pile of :censored:

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Lights Out is right on this one. There might be some very small tweaks I would make (mostly having to do with how they used white) but the royal blue and yellow set was near perfect.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

You're right, it was...until the cap sleeves rendered the sleeve horn adornment obsolete.

As it is now, their current shoulder/sleeve treatment is about the best they could get with that while still trying to maintain some link to their past iterations. That said, I've long been past the point of waxing nostalgic over the blue and yellow--I liked everything about them except for those dastard numbers, but time marches on.

I still think a primarily navy/white based identity, with some gold splashed in like someone mentioned upthread, or even a royal/white/some gold identity would be a pretty good move going forward. (In fact, I think I'd take the latter considering not one major pro four team uses royal blue and metallic gold...even though the Kansas City Royals should be.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived