UnclearInitial

2013-14 Soccer kits

Thanks for satisfying my/our curiosity Jaffa!

In other news, Forest's new away kit is, ahem, interesting....

away-kit-4340-969096_478x359.jpg

Thanks for satisfying my/our curiosity Jaffa!

In other news, Forest's new away kit is, ahem, interesting....

away-kit-4340-969096_478x359.jpg

And there's a club in dire need of a new crest.

You're kidding, right? Forest has a very cool crest. Heck, it's so simple that I figured you'd be all for it.

Nope.

Simple is often a good design philosophy, but that doesn't make every application of it work in all instances.

The tree is goofy. They could do so much better with that iconography.

I do like Forest's crest. It manages to look smartly modern and horribly dated at the same time, which is quite the achievement.

Changing logo would be a brilliant way to alienate an entire fanbase in one fell swoop. Forest fans love it!

The tree is goofy. They could do so much better with that iconography.

I can only assume part of the symbolism is lost on you.

Don't assume anything, Mal.

And is it written that we can only have opinions on unpopular logos?

The Forest badge is pretty iconic. And as it brings back memories of the Clough era, its not going anywhere. The only way it would be changed at all, at least any time soon, would be a tweety little up date, but I don't even imagine that would happen.

Let's just say the the Forest crest is not something that a non-traditionalist and newbie to soccer would appreciate.

I'm sort of stuck in the middle, it's iconic, but it's plain and cartooney.

I think most 'simple' logos can be used in a way that modernizes them and makes them look new without changing their design at all. It's all in the application. The crest could be modified a bit to make the tree stand out more or whatever - there's no need to change such a symbol with that much history behind it.

So ye. No idea when Everton will get a chance to wear this new away kit. That is definitely a good thing though. So poorly executed.

BQ-MXh9CYAAFnan.jpg

I am hoping that the filter on this photo is the reason behind the colours looking so bad.

Can't see why Everton wouldn't be able to wear that. It's enough yellow to wear it, especially against the likes of Man City or Crystal Palace. Against Chelsea they may need to dig out a third kit, but in the EPL this season their isn't a whole lot of royal blue in the Premiel League this season.

Ugh, Nike with a bad move. Do not like.

Just a change that may be on the horizon. During the press conference announcing the new owners for the Crew, Anthony Precourt had this to say:

In the meantime, Precourt said that ticket sales, naming rights and making the brand “a little more exciting” are the priorities. Referencing the recent Sporting Kansas City rebrand, Precourt assessed the team’s branding with a smile.

“We’re going to leave no stone unturned," he said. "I love the name. I love the colors. The badge ... we might have to take a look at the badge.”

Not sure that's something they can have ready for next season, but thank god. Can't stand the Crew logo. Hopefully they can come up with something that actually has Columbus mentioned in the logo, instead of THE CREW.

I'd rather they keep the logo. It's a logo that stands out and I like it. It does have an alternate logo that had Columbus over Crew.