2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

The Score had this post about a possible Blues third jersey leak:

http://thescore.com/buzz/articles/1026638-new-st-louis-blues-jersey-leaked

original.jpg?1371937253

It's obviously a fake. The "Reebok" wordmark never appears on the collar unless it's sold as a blank jersey.

That's without a doubt the current Blue Jackets alternate jersey.

Case closed.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

original.jpg?1371937253

It's obviously a fake. The "Reebok" wordmark never appears on the collar unless it's sold as a blank jersey.

Case closed.

My guess St. Louis University Club Team. Or something like that

Someone (I think SportsNet of The Score) posted this to Facebook and most of the responses are "Sick!", "AWESOME!", "One of the classiest looks out there!", etc.

Speaking of the Blues, as much as we knock the Avalanche, I honestly think St Louis has the worst Edge-ified look in the league by now. No hem stripes, the apron piping, the horrendous lack of contrast between the navy and the royal on the home, those dumb white "blotches" underneath the yoke (Boston does this correctly; the Blues just filled in the area between the yoke and the piping), how the "C" and "A" overlap the yoke, and how the "Reebok" patch interferes with the yoke on the back (couldn't they have just made it white with "Reebok" written in blue?).

6-st.-louis-blues-2013-stanley-cup-playoffs.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

original.jpg?1371937253

Case closed.

My guess St. Louis University Club Team. Or something like that

It was for the 99 blues pee wee Quebec team. I do work for the company Total Hockey and actually Keith Tkachuk who coaches the teams idea.

Is there any confirmation that the Blues are actually getting new duds, be it primaries or an alternate? I know it appeared in an article a while back, but I haven't seen anything since.

I actually think the Blues did a good job "edgifying" for the most part, but not a perfect job, and a job that didn't need doing.

I don't mind the lack of hem stripes one bit. I do mind the yellow piping down the sides. One it doesn't look good. Two, it doesn't flow. In the front of the jersey it leads to a weird stripe on the pants that isn't the same thickness. On the back, it leads to nowhere.

I'm pretty much cool with everything else. Although, the cut out for the Reebok logo is annoying.

That said, their prior set was great, and certainly better than the current set.

Their current alternate is nice, but not spectacular. It's loved because "rabble rabble hockey sweater rabble rabble traditional rabble rabble", but it's only decent IMO. And it would be a horrible primary uniform for the Blues.

For one, the roundel logo isn't so great. Roundels were becoming overdone when they did it and are certainly overdone now. The beveling feels unnecessary. The introduction of Copperplate is unnecessary. (Not because Copperplate is so bad, just because it's rather out of nowhere in their identity.) The inclusion of the Arch is nice, but the offset Bluenote is awkward.

I don't mind the simplified color scheme of navy/yellow/white for an alternate, but were it to grow beyond that, the elimination of royal blue in whole and as the primary would be an awful thing. Similarly, the emphasis one white over yellow would be awful.

Additionally, the number outlines are drawn from the primaries—light/dark/light, in this case white/navy/yellow—which is a good thing, but the stripes don't match going just white/yellow.

Lastly, they're just uninspired. And this is true of most all of the great hockey uniforms. And it comes from a time when stripes were just stripes and you made them look good. But as a designer, I know always find myself asking why and looking for the inspiration, and stripes that are just stripes bore me. The easiest inspiration is something from the past, but even then I'd prefer a reason. It's why despite being gaudy in execution, the Blues uniforms of the mid-90s were kind of cool. At the least, you knew the stripes were really considered.

I suppose I veered a little off-topic, but why miss a chance to write an essay on one of my teams looks?

That anniversary logo is nice. In fact, the XV with the Sabretooth is so nice, I wish they'd have just let it live on its own. There could be a full version with some text around it (but I wouldn't have done the colored circles), but really, if it's in the context of the hockey team in any way, it doesn't need the primary logo or the text.

Reminds me of this great anniversary logo:

2ygzrahhhie38jghg818cg26w.gif

I don't really like that Nashville one.... seems pretty bland, especially with the white numerals on yellow background.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

At least Nashville has an empty shoulder to put it on so it doesn't crowd the front of the jersey.

Now watch 'em shove it on the chest anyway, like the Coyotes did with their "Decade in the Desert" patch.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

inaugurally, they were a mix of all 3.

they said blue jacket had ties to ohio's natives, the state of ohio had ties to union soldiers, and on top of that, they created a fictional lime green bug that was a mix of a lightning bug and a yellow jacket, that they called a blue jacket, despite it's color.

Archived