2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I'm not putting much stock into this Stars rebrand. I hate to say it because on paper it might look good, but in reality I think it's a misfire which the organization thinks is a home run, and apparently the majority of the people here.

The sole reason why I say this is because I absolutely cannot see them looking like this for the next 20 years. Take the green goggles off and you'll realize that the new Stars set is nothing but an attempt to appeal to old schoolers and retro fad followers which fits perfectly with what the Canes and Lightning did. No one is going to argue that the previous set was any better anyway, but this direction is far from perfection. I expect Stars fans to welcome the change for what it is since they havent seen anything much better than this since the Edge system took over but I at least hope I'm not the only one putting the Stars on a throne for what they did.

Midway.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Words fail you.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Fixed the Hurricanes.

Canes_zpsddc79dce.jpg

Much better

Sodboy is right about the Blackhawks, though. How did I not even think of that??? But yeah, something else would need to be added like a subliminal warning stripe or something, to differentiate the two teams.

Still, my concept is better than the Team Canada ripoffs that are real. Mine just goes to show how badly black is needed to break up all the red.

I wouldn't put the Star's fantastic new rebrand in the same category as the Lightning or Hurricanes at all. They didn't try and rip off anyone elses colours and the use of metallic silver goes directly against that Original Six aesthetic. Yes the striping looks similar to the Hawks but really, how many teams can you say have striping patterns that are completely original? The Hurricanes used to but besides them, all I can think of is the Ducks...

They also realized it made more sense to make both jerseys lace-up, and they kept the metallic silver instead of switching to flat gray. Well done, Charlotte. Way to show up the parent club.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

One black stripe, and the Charlotte Checkers jersey becomes *that much better* than what Carolina wears.

BMk0aHaCAAAVkkq.jpg

When a AHL club shows up the uniforms of its NHL parent, then something is wrong. But the Checkers look really good. One black stripe changed so much

AmPJ0Ty.png 

One black stripe, and the Charlotte Checkers jersey becomes *that much better* than what Carolina wears.

BMk0aHaCAAAVkkq.jpg

When a AHL club shows up the uniforms of its NHL parent, then something is wrong. But the Checkers look really good. One black stripe changed so much

Not really. I mean, it's not as bad, sure, but that's still pretty awful.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Why? What does black and white have anything to do with the Islanders? Just because they're moving to Brooklyn and the basketball team there has a black-and-white scheme? Stupid. Everyone hated when the Mets added black just for the sake of adding black, so what's different here? The Isles are blue and orange. Leave it.

agreed, and that would be ideal. but with the ratner, yormark contingency running the show, that's very unlikely.

sig2024.png

BMk0aHaCAAAVkkq.jpg

Still horrible. These + recolored current logo = perfect:

S8dZYbU.png

What about this?

h2VoFkr.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

BMk0aHaCAAAVkkq.jpg

Still horrible. These + recolored current logo = perfect:

S8dZYbU.png

What about this?

h2VoFkr.png

I want all 3 of those (and I hate Charlotte from their ECHL days.

They've had some horrible uniforms over the years.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Fixed the Hurricanes.

Canes_zpsddc79dce.jpg

So Instead of looking like like the 2010 Olympic team, you made them look like the 2002 Olympic team.

Yeah, it's inevitable with that template. Someone just needs to slap a Hurricanes logo on the Charlotte Checkers jersey, and see if that solves the problem.

Archived