The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Sid, well that's what the Penguins get for continuing to roll out the fauxbacks....

Enough injuries alone, not to mention bad games (this streak non-inclusive), have happened in those jerseys that it's time to take them across the street to where the Civic Arena's center ice used to be, soak them in gasoline, and burn them like the bad luck charm that they are. That, and because they just fall so painfully short of being a good jersey that they're bad. Luckily, I've heard this year should be the last time they wear them, whether the rumors of getting a new third next year are true or not.

Agreed. Those jerseys are among the worst in the league but they're planning on making another Double Blue fauxback I'd prefer no third jersey at all. Not a fan of the Penguins or Crosby but the fact he's out indefinitely absolutely sucks. I would be stoked if Jarome Iginla won the cup this year. The team is still stacked enough to make it happen but this is a huge blow.

I liked the previous double blue alternate, but it was a real throwback. I wouldn't mind if they still rocked that sweater from time to time, but I guess they've sold enough them as is....

Man did Gordie Howe have a sucky 85th birthday.

I cant believe Florida is rocking a 99.5% attendance number; that is impressive for such a bad team.

Relatively speaking with other teams, that is terrible.

It's not really fair to compare all teams on attendance like that if you don't know all of the details. Some teams can go over 100% attendance (which is SRO, I'm assuming?), and some can't. The Sabres can't go over 100%; they upped the capacity of the arena in the off-season and ESPN is using the old number, that is why they look like they are over 100%. Any ticket goes unsold throughout the whole season knocks them off of 100%. What is the actual capacity for the Blackhawks? Is it that 109.9% figure? Going over 100% on the good days lets you pad the figures from the Tuesday night games against last place teams from the other conference. How many teams can go over 100% on good nights, and the result is that their attendance with the bad games balances out so it looks like their attendance is 100.1% and every seat is always filled? Are there any? I don't know. In my senior year of high school, I took one AP class. AP classes at my school were out of a possible 5.2 GPA instead of a normal 4.0. I was lazy and underachieved in some of my other classes, but having a 5.2 averaged in where the theoretical maximum is 4 bumped my GPA up to something like a 3.99 or 4.0. Someone looking in from the outside might have thought I was actually a good student, which I most certainly was not! For someone who was in all AP and Honors classes, their GPA was usually above 4.0, so it was obvious something was not normal. I, however, was in the "Goldilocks Zone".

I for one am hoping that the Sens do finish in 6th (ahead or behind the leafs it doesn't matter) There is no chance that they will get ahead of the Bruins of Canadiens, so 5th is the best they can do.

Situation finish in 6th: We play the winner of the southeast division.

Subsection Winnipeg: I think we could take them.

Subsection Carolina: A bit harder, but fair.

Situation finish in 5th: We play the Bruins, a wide open sweep right there.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Sergei Bobrovsky just stole two points for the Blue Jackets. The Ducks outshot the CBJs 17-1 in the third period. Mark Letestu buries the game winner in OT.

I punched my couch in excitement and I really hurt my arm.

PvO6ZWJ.png

(And of course the perfect game for another letdown as they visit the no-longer-easy-out Blue Jackets on Sunday.)

Help me out here, Ducks.

You'll get it when they lose to CBJ tomorrow.

Hey look at that.

At least they got a point. Four behind Chicago now, but eh. They played well and just couldn't put one more through.

Now they start another one of those silly three-game series tomorrow night in Dallas. (One there, two in Anaheim.) Time to go and put the Stars out to pasture, methinks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

A very sloppy effort by the Sens tonight followed by one of the most blatant displays of CBC's Leaf homerism I have ever seen:

BGpoqnkCUAAjGR3.jpg

There's no way you'd have seen Turris, Neil, and Kassian in the studio if the score had been reversed. Oh well sometimes it can be good for a team in the long run to be humbled by the Maple Leafs on HNIC (see Montreal Canadiens).

Because Turris is half the player Kadri is?

That and the fact that Cherry's always been a Leafs fan and that this is nothing new.

GIFs of Sidney Crosby taking a puck to the mouth in all of it's teeth-shattering glory. Poor bastard.

giiig.gif

See, this is why visors should be mandatory. Look how badly he got hurt by that. If he was wearing a visor, that wouldn't have happened.

Oh wait...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

See, this is why visors should be mandatory. Look how badly he got hurt by that. If he was wearing a visor, that wouldn't have happened.

Oh wait...

This is like railing against bulletproof vests because a cop bled out from a gunshot wound to the arm.

What I'm trying to say is: you're an idiot.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

GAH! I scrolled down and saw Crosby falling down and quickly scrolled past so I wouldn't see it start playing again.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh wait...

This is like railing against bulletproof vests because a cop bled out from a gunshot wound to the arm.

What I'm trying to say is: you're an idiot.

'sarcasm'

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived