College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Come on guys, quit overreacting. With a few minor changes this could go from being bad (not worst ever) to being a good modern uniform. First they have to get rid of the feathers on the helmet. After that the only thing I would consider changing is the pattern inside the numbers and maybe the thickness of the outline around it. They also need to only wear the red-red-white color scheme at home and the red-white-red color scheme on the road.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys, quit overreacting. With a few minor changes this could go from being bad (not worst ever) to being a good modern uniform. First they have to get rid of the feathers on the helmet. After that the only thing I would consider changing is the pattern inside the numbers and maybe the thickness of the outline around it. They also need to only wear the red-red-white color scheme at home and the red-white-red color scheme on the road.

Just fix around 85% of the uniforms and they're totally fine!

So you're fine with the Miami on the shoulders, the Miami on the back of the helmet and the little M on the front?

I thought this was pretty interesting. We always talk about "what the kids like" yadda yadda...when it comes to uniforms. But what do the players ACTUALLY think? ESPN polled the players at Big 12 media days, and here's what they said:

Who has the best uniforms in the league?

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

“I really like Oklahoma State’s – they’re pretty cool.”

"Kansas’ new baby blues are icy."

“The best is Baylor’s black uniforms.”

Who has the worst uniforms?

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

http://espn.go.com/b...big-12-favorite

Oklahoma State has done it so right. bad ass modern design that hits with their audience. success!

i like Kansas State, but purple is just a hard color to sell in almost every market. Iowa State's another one of my favorites though

much like ksu isu is essentially mimicking usc...granted they have some different pants options but still.

Agreed, and it's why I don't like their uniforms.

i guess you dont like the 49ers, Packers, Cowboys, Browns, Bills, Redskins, or Saints either?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I thought this was pretty interesting. We always talk about "what the kids like" yadda yadda...when it comes to uniforms. But what do the players ACTUALLY think? ESPN polled the players at Big 12 media days, and here's what they said:

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

Oklahoma State has done it so right. bad ass modern design that hits with their audience. success!

i like Kansas State, but purple is just a hard color to sell in almost every market. Iowa State's another one of my favorites though

much like ksu isu is essentially mimicking usc...granted they have some different pants options but still.

i guess you dont like the 49ers, Packers, Cowboys, Browns, Bills, Redskins, or Saints either?

With the exception of the Bills, those teams all developed their looks long ago (when there wasn't much variation) and stuck with them because they had good brands. Not the case for ISU or KSU. Snyder has specifically said he copied the Cowboys and I believe ISU said the same about USC (but if not, it's obvious enough for me). I feel the same way about Wisconsin's unis.

Raise your hand if you think TCU should adopt purple, red and black as their full time color scheme.

*raises hand*

*raises both hands*

[raises hand]

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

It's pretty hard to not have a similar jersey with another team if the colors match and both wear very simple jerseys. Iowa State's uniforms look similar to USC, but of all places, this board should recognize that they are different styles altogether.

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

The "OH" part of Miami-OH has never been more appropriate than today.

tumblr_lq7dufCQsN1qbjnn9.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So you're fine with the Miami on the shoulders, the Miami on the back of the helmet and the little M on the front?

Yes. Its fresh and original. I like the generic helmet style with a logo on both sides of the helmet and stripes down the middle as well but that is getting old. Its nice to see that teams and manufacturers are pushing the envelope.

LSU was presented with 2 small upgrades, but at this point I'm not sure what they are going to do.

Are you saying that Nike proposed a few upgrades to LSU for the season opener against TCU?

Colonel, for the season I would say. One would have been a one game deal. Don't know at this point. I'll post it later on

Am I the only one that has no idea what this means? Some kind of code, maybe?

He was replying to me. Basically one proposed change to LSU was for one game, the other probably the whole season.

gYH2mW9.png

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

It's pretty hard to not have a similar jersey with another team if the colors match and both wear very simple jerseys. Iowa State's uniforms look similar to USC, but of all places, this board should recognize that they are different styles altogether.

different styles altogether. They are identical except for the helmet logo and shoulder stripes.

kinda like Cal and West Virginia? I get tired of that comparison and think that's the most common one

Indiana/Oklahoma and Wisconsin/Nebraska?

Either way, I don't think ISU and USC are too similar, especially when looking at the road unis.

Oklahoma State, 43%

TCU, 21%

Baylor, 14%

What they said:

Kansas State, 32%

Iowa State, 18%

Oklahoma, 18%

Texas, 14%

I agree with Oklahoma State being the best, but I believe Texas is the worst for my taste, however, I will give the Longhorns props for sticking with their same style year-after-year.

spacer.png

Archived