College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Charlotte will be kicking off it's 1st football season in 2013 as an FCS school and then move up to C-USA in 2015.

The have signed with Nike and revealed the helmets this past fall. They are white with tiny green specs on them.

7644269230_9d9845a486_b.jpg

Beautiful helmet and logo.

Looks like a modification of this, or at least where they got the idea from. It wouldn't get busted for copyright infringement, but I feel like you can see where the inspiration was derived from.

14825448.jpg

Charlotte had that logo for a while, but if that is the inspiration, then it's better executed.

besides them both saying 49ers, im not seeing any similarities here. what am i missing?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlotte will be kicking off it's 1st football season in 2013 as an FCS school and then move up to C-USA in 2015.

The have signed with Nike and revealed the helmets this past fall. They are white with tiny green specs on them.

7644269230_9d9845a486_b.jpg

Beautiful helmet and logo.

Looks like a modification of this, or at least where they got the idea from. It wouldn't get busted for copyright infringement, but I feel like you can see where the inspiration was derived from.

14825448.jpg

Charlotte had that logo for a while, but if that is the inspiration, then it's better executed.

besides them both saying 49ers, im not seeing any similarities here. what am i missing?

The font for "49" is pretty similar, that's about it though.

John Infante@John_Infante

The NCAA does now require that numbers must “be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey”

So Oregon, ASU and Mizzou have to change their numbers, then.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

One of the new rules says "teammates can no longer share numbers." How can this be when schools regularly dress over 100 players for home games?

I think they literally mean share. This is in reference to USC having players change numbers multiple times over a season. It was an attempt to confuse their opponents.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

One of the new rules says "teammates can no longer share numbers." How can this be when schools regularly dress over 100 players for home games?

I think they literally mean share. This is in reference to USC having players change numbers multiple times over a season. It was an attempt to confuse their opponents.

Ah, okay I wasnt aware of that. makes more sense now

Ah, okay I wasnt aware of that. makes more sense now

Correction. The rule says 2 players at the same position cannot wear the same number. Apparently it was possible previously as long as both were not on the field at the same time.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'd say this is the definition of BFBS... UNC having a blackout vs Miami this fall.

http://twitter.com/U...3896704/photo/1

Very interesting, I remember when they started calling the student section the tar pit (back when UNC hired Butch Davis) they had to use navy blue for everything since the university wouldn't allow the use of a non school color to be used. That's when the heels got the navy blue pants and jerseys they still wear. I guess they've loosened their stance on it now, which isn't surprising seeing those chrome domes from last year.

We've since gotten a new athletic director who's a little more willing to break with tradition than his predecessor.

The NCAA does now require that numbers must “be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey”

Does this mean no more bevel for A&M's numbers?

I would think so.

Does this mean no more bevel for A&M's numbers?

I would think A&M should be fine since the number can be clearly read. Army's uniform for the Navy game would not fly nor would numbers that have an intricate pattern on them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived