College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

I don't care how many helmets a team has, as long as they look good. Ultimately, I think that's what matters most.

What bothers me is all these teams shoehorning and distorting their football identities to fit into the trends. Did Michigan State REALLY need that chrome dumpster fire on their heads? How about UNC? Nope. Just trying to be trendy. Matte helmets are cool, but again, there's no reason to start deviating from your "brand," so to speak, to produce one offs. But chrome outside of Oregon can just cease to exist and I'd be happy...

Changing direction is fine (like Minnesota, A&M, etc.), but it's starting to get a little out of hand when a team like Duke has like 4 helmets. Come on.

Actually, to me it makes perfect sense that a team like Duke has 4 helmets. A real program, an upper tier program, doesn't need all the gimmick uniform nonsense. Teams without a winning history, teams that are looking for a little flash in the pan notoriety and to jump up into the national conversation for a year or two, will latch on to a fad look, ride it for a few seasons, and hope to get a little bump from that. Multiple helmets, new jerseys for every game, ugly colored fields, to me this stuff screams “Duke”… or Maryland, or Ohio U. It’s fine for schools like that.

What’s sad is when Notre Dame drags out a silly one-game-only look, or Michigan wears a different nasty road uniform 4 times a season. They don’t need it.

By the way… IMO if you want to wear an alt helmet, I’d prefer a dozen white helmets to a played out fake-ass “tuff” matte black helmet. At least white can be seen as a part of the natural color scheme.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Since the whole multiple helmets and uniform combination thing seems to be gettin out of hand, it'd be interesting to see what would happen if Oregon went back to a classic one helmet look, something like below. Since they seem to somewhat be the trend setters for this whole thing, it'd be interesting to see if other teams followed their lead and went back to one standard look. Oregon might be ahead of the curve and someday soon realize their originality is lacking when every other team has a similar "original" look. It wouldn't shock me to see them one day go back to something like this:

Oregon+State+v+Oregon+iHVYrkWO1iMl.jpg

If they did do something like this I could see them going with the yellow/chrome winged helmet. And probably that whole fighting ducks set. God I love that set. So nice!

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The helmets circled are the ones I would like to see.

texastechhelmetlikes.png

*reduces Coach's salary by 50%*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here are the potential Texas Tech Helmets for next year.

11202_10151275960881006_1952081301_n.png

I really like that red helmet.

It's not TT though. Gotta stay with a black helmet, red jersey, white pants. Love the Atlanta Falcons-style color balance on them

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Not newsworthy, but check out this Iowa logo on a youth hat:

You cannot beat a hat with a hat on it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

IMG_20130220_191855_481_zpsede204b1.jpg

What if on the hat, it had the logo of the hawk with a hat on it?

IMG_20130220_191855_481_zpsede204b1.jpg

What if on the hat, it had the logo of the hawk with a hat on it?

Charlotte will be kicking off it's 1st football season in 2013 as an FCS school and then move up to C-USA in 2015.

The have signed with Nike and revealed the helmets this past fall. They are white with tiny green specs on them.

7644269230_9d9845a486_b.jpg

Beautiful helmet and logo.

87Redskins.png

Archived