College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance Oregon wears this helmet saturday? Or have they already been written off as a fan creation?

camo-590x537.jpg

No, not gonna be worn.

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/statuses/301435749205696513

Too bad because these would be the best helmet in their collection.

What.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Any chance Oregon wears this helmet saturday? Or have they already been written off as a fan creation?

camo-590x537.jpg

No, not gonna be worn.

What.

I think he's kidding.

I doubt it. He doesn't like most of the chrome helmets and always has a weird opinion.

camo-590x537.jpg

No, not gonna be worn.

What.

I think he's kidding.

I doubt it. He doesn't like most of the chrome helmets and always has a weird opinion.

I think its cool, and think that only the yellow fighting ducks helmet would be better.

camo-590x537.jpg

No, not gonna be worn.

What.

I think he's kidding.

Weird opinion? I don't think it is weird to hate chrome helmets, gray facemasks, and plain pants. But seriously, at least on these camo helmets you can actually see the wings (from a distance) unlike the green and chrome-on-chrome helmet. I used to love Oregon's uniforms until they introduced those atrocious chrome helmets. Their last set was good, but the diamond-plated set was by far my favorite. But thankfully my tastes have changed as this modern trend is getting out of control and the traditional looks are 10x better these days.

spacer.png

BSw81_nCAAEERrh.jpg

I've seen plenty of games in this stadium. It is most definitely not patch-worthy.

Speaking of which, do we have any Baylor fans in this thread. Can't say I remember a single one.

awww you can't see the tarps of shame from that view. I haven't run into a baylor fan since i moved to houston after college, let alone this board.

Interesting article on Georgia's uniforms of the past. The article also states that 2014 will see the return of silver britches to Athens.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/preview13/story/_/id/9602363/georgia-bulldogs-uniforms-stick-close-tradition

"Next year, in 2014, we'll finally have the pants back," Meshad (director of UGA athletic equipment) said. "The silver britches will be back. This year you'll see a version of them, but they still won't have the sheen and silver that we like until 2014."

I remember hearing someone saying Georgia would like to return to the silver pants and hopefully could in the future. This is the first time I had heard an actual time table given.

Am I the only one who sees anything about Oregon and just quickly scrolls by?

I mean really, what's the point? Wait 5 minutes, they'll change it again.

I am definitely in this boat, too. You can only keep "pushing the envelope" so far until you've reached the point of over saturation, and people just get numb to it. In a weird way it's almost like they change so often that, unless you're really paying close attention, they always seem the same. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that they try not to wear the same combo twice, and it occurred to me that I never really noticed. So, one jersey is white with reflective numbers and yellow outlines and another jersey is white with green numbers and grey outlines? If that was the only change they introduced it might be of note, but when it's just part of this endless parade of minor differences, how much impact can it have?

It sort of reminds me of the low self-esteem girl from college who goes punk/goth in an effort to get noticed. So if today she's wearing a nose ring with pink hair and tomorrow she's wearing a lip ring with orange hair, and these are just the latest in an endless procession of new looks, is that really going to make an impression on anyone?

BSxqva_CQAASfjb.jpg

kinda hard to see the dawg on the maroon helmet as opposed to the white one. i think if there was some gray in it it would be easier to see.

are you serious? you can see it so much better on this one, the white snowbowl helmet with grey bulldog made it so you could barely see it

BSxqva_CQAASfjb.jpg

kinda hard to see the dawg on the maroon helmet as opposed to the white one. i think if there was some gray in it it would be easier to see.

are you serious? you can see it so much better on this one, the white snowbowl helmet with grey bulldog made it so you could barely see it

ill restate my point. i think the white and grey bulldog as opposed to just the thick white outlines wouldve been a better move imo,

2rzsaw3.jpg

Were the winning Southern Miss helmets ever posted here? I know the link to vote was and someone announced what won but was the actual finished project posted?

I just saw these for the first time. It's not what I voted for but I think it turned out pretty well. Too bad the uniforms are an abomination.

BNnq14iCEAAGCKR.jpg

Interesting to see the Mississippi State has that giant logo painted on rather than a decal.

Actually looks like a metallic Sharpie.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived