College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

...(but I don't understand the red in the helmet at all).

This help?

3648.jpg

Yes it does! That makes me love the helmet so much more. That's hilarious (and pretty damn brilliant IMO).

I still wish there was more purple in the uniform, though.

So wait... when a horned frog feels threatened, it shoots blood from out of it's eyes back over it's back somewhere? The blood goes backwards? What the hell kind of defense mechanism is that?

The blood has a chemical in it that makes predators sick.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This help?

3648.jpg

Yes it does! That makes me love the helmet so much more. That's hilarious (and pretty damn brilliant IMO).

So wait... when a horned frog feels threatened, it shoots blood from out of it's eyes back over it's back somewhere? The blood goes backwards? What the hell kind of defense mechanism is that?

Well I mean porcupines shoot their needles backwards, so it's not unheard of.

This help?

3648.jpg

Well I mean porcupines shoot their needles backwards, so it's not unheard of.

The needles are actually thick pointed hairs that are loosely anchored in the skin. They swing their tails rather than shooting needles

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

This help?

3648.jpg

So they shoot over their shoulders as their running away?

BSYo-b2CEAApvq0.jpg

Not a fan if the shiny black design on a black jersey. I think it would look better with a purple design.

But overall I really like it. The helmet, while a little out there, looks great.

Not a fan of any part of this uniform!

spacer.png

This help?

3648.jpg

So they shoot over their shoulders as their running away?

You guys put waaaaaay too much thought into this. lol.

Gotta thank God National Geographic exists for topics such as this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEl6TXrkZnk

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I really want to like these but I just feel that they are trying way too hard to make this helmet & uniform combo into something that it simply isn't. It just doesn't work for me; from the number font, to the sublimated graphics, to the helmet pattern and red streak...it just doesn't work. SMH

Has anyone realized that that's a lizard while tcu is the horned frogs?

The Lizard is called a Horned Lizard and often called Horned Toad, Horned Frog, or Horny Toad.

edit: TCU's mascot is after the Texas Horned Lizard aka Horned Frog

That's the first time I've ever seen contrast stitching on a football uniform.

Las Vegas Outlaws, 2001:

http://www.freewebs.com/mikefurrey/0myFurrey1.bmp

tumblr_lejqryW6de1qzbhtvo1_500.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Kennesaw State is seeking helmet input...

http://www.ksuowls.com/news/2013/8/18/FB_0818133109.aspx

There are 3 choices, though the survey digs down on what primary shell/facemask, stripe and logo you like.

I would prefer a yellow helmet/black facemask with the primary Owl logo rather than the interlocking KS logo.

rp_primary_FBHelmetCover.jpg

Love that striping on the yellow helmet. I would prefer they use that helmet in black, and with the owl flying without the wordmark.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived