College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

BSSJVqMCQAAIX9X.jpgBSSJfNaCIAElKvU.jpg

It would have been nice if they kept the striping from their normal set.

There's no angle that really shows the top of the shoulder area, so it could still be there, but I doubt it. Overall, these aren't as good as the ones from the past 2 years. A shoulder stripe and a helmet stripe would improve a lot, though.

There's no angle that really shows the top of the shoulder area, so it could still be there, but I doubt it. Overall, these aren't as good as the ones from the past 2 years. A shoulder stripe and a helmet stripe would improve a lot, though.

Nope its gone but this is just for the Egg Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_DGPJfAJJI

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I hate that song... Jersey is ok. Love the numbers.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Man I hate that song... Jersey is ok. Love the numbers.

Would you like to hear it for 3:00 minutes

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Here Paul Lukas just tweeted out a screen grab of it

Thank you, Wisconsin, for coming out with something that's not over the top or gimmicky and just looks good.

I agree. I also like the fact that the coach said in the video that the wanted to add something different and keep tradition intact and they definitely did that with this beautiful helmet.

It's not bad looking at all, but I definitely like the white helmet better, rendering this one unnecessary. Something looks a bit "off" about it, but I cannot put my finger on it. Oh well...as people have mentioned at least it's not over the top

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I know, I just meant it's not as good as the last 2 egg bowl jerseys. Maybe they'll grow on me.

I wish that Wisconsin would drop the drop shadow on their "motion" W, it annoys me very much, and actually that logo annoys me quite a bit to. Something I just can't quite seem to like about it.

The motion W is one of the uglier letter marks in college sports, but as a Minnesota fan I hope they never change it ;)

I think Wisconsin needs to make some changes in their uniform to give them their own identity than they currently have. When Barry Alvarez went to Wisconsin and tried to turn them into a Nebraska of the 1990s they've copied the general idea of the uniform. Would like to see something to separate the two.

SLSIG_zps58784cd9.jpg

I think Wisconsin needs to make some changes in their uniform to give them their own identity than they currently have. When Barry Alvarez went to Wisconsin and tried to turn them into a Nebraska of the 1990s they've copied the general idea of the uniform. Would like to see something to separate the two.

Wrong.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Wrong.

What's 'wrong' about that. Alvarez was a Nebraska guy, went to Wisco and changed their uniforms into near copies. I think i've even seen an interview on the BTN where he said his goal was to imitate the look.

Wrong.

What's 'wrong' about that. Alvarez was a Nebraska guy, went to Wisco and changed their uniforms into near copies. I think i've even seen an interview on the BTN where he said his goal was to imitate the look.

I don't believe him, but here is what he said:

Though it may look like it, Alvarez didn't copy Nebraska's uniform style in the way that two of his colleagues — Hayden Fry at Iowa and Bill Snyder at Kansas State — did with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys.

"I wasn't trying to mimic Nebraska,'' Alvarez said. "I just wanted a clean uniform.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110926/HUSKERS/709269856/-1

Wrong.

What's wrong about it, is everything. I think I've run through this at least 3 times now. You can associate the look with Nebraska all you want based on their past success, that's fine, but this misconception that Barry Alvarez became head coach at UW and changed the uniforms to look like Nebraska is just not factual. People misattribute a quote by Barry saying he patterned the program after Nebraska to include the uniforms, when in fact he was talking about building the team around a strong offensive and defensive line with in-state talent and fostering a strong walk-on program and tradition.

As was pointed out above, Wisconsin's uniforms have looked the same since the 1970's with very small changes here and there. The only thing Barry changed about the uniforms was replacing a block W with the "motion W." In all acutality, Nebraska has experienced more change when it comes to things like the two stripes and where they're placed.

mjs-74gamea.jpg

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Eastern Washington got the treadmarks, too: BSTJUckCIAAkwYs.jpg

Surely whoever was claiming adidas only offered these to 7 schools would reconsider that stance now.

Eastern Washington is one of the premier "FCS" teams though so maybe that is why they were able to get the updated template?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived