College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Went to Mercer today for a media venture and took a lot of shots of the new stadium. Here are the uniforms in the football offices. Mercer is in their first year as an FCS program and will compete in the Southern Conference this year. Fun fact -- Tennessee sent them their old uniforms to practice in.

Here's their uniforms. I was surprised with their choice to go with a white facemask, but it's alright, especially on the road uni.

643999_10200741272190420_1966276089_n.jp

let me know if you will be at the GSU opener next Friday...excited to see which combo they will wear..my guess is the new helmets and anthracite pants

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Mercer today for a media venture and took a lot of shots of the new stadium. Here are the uniforms in the football offices. Mercer is in their first year as an FCS program and will compete in the Southern Conference this year. Fun fact -- Tennessee sent them their old uniforms to practice in.

Here's their uniforms. I was surprised with their choice to go with a white facemask, but it's alright, especially on the road uni.

643999_10200741272190420_1966276089_n.jp

That new stadium is BEAUTIFUL!!!! We're playing our first game against Ft Valley in Macon so I stopped by there to check it out and Wow! They're doing it right. Wish we were that well off. Apparently 3 national championship wont get you a coherent AD. Long story short, we're playing at a high school stadium instead of the shiny new Mercer Stadium -_-

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Mississippi State to unviel updated uniforms tomorrow-

Only noticeable change is addition of the logo to the right chest and moving the adidas logo to under the neck (which won't look good with the big wordmark). Other than that, probably just a template change to the tire marks.

Also, Ole Miss won't wear their gray uniforms this year because of resemblance to confederate grays. Figured this was the case when they weren't in the unviel of the update earlier this year.

Only noticeable change is addition of the logo to the right chest and moving the adidas logo to under the neck (which won't look good with the big wordmark). Other than that, probably just a template change to the tire marks.

Also, Ole Miss won't wear their gray uniforms this year because of resemblance to confederate grays. Figured this was the case when they weren't in the unviel of the update earlier this year.

It doesn't look like the shoulder striping returned

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Badgers getting new helmet. It's the exact same as the regular white helmet but all the red and white is flip flopped, so red shell white face mask white stripes white W. Heres the link to the YouTube video straight from the Badgers. I'm having trouble posting it and posting a screen shot so if someone would do that that'd be great. It's not a spam link it's just a link to the video. start at the 4:10 Mark.

http://youtu.be/dLgeenjjIo4?t=4m10s

It doesn't look like the shoulder striping returned

I think those are for the egg bowl. 1 because I see Gold 2. Because all of the Adidas one off reveals use the same song and background with switched out team logos

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Badgers getting new helmet. It's the exact same as the regular white helmet but all the red and white is flip flopped, so red shell white face mask white stripes white W. Heres the link to the YouTube video straight from the Badgers. I'm having trouble posting it and posting a screen shot so if someone would do that that'd be great. It's not a spam link it's just a link to the video. start at the 4:10 Mark.

I'm not a very big fan of it at all. I know it's just a simple inverse of the regular helmet, but I'm just not a big fan of the way a red shell with a white facemask, especially with a huge white, blob-looking W. And white/red/white looks better than red/red/white.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

I'm not a very big fan of it at all. I know it's just a simple inverse of the regular helmet, but I'm just not a big fan of the way a red shell with a white facemask, especially with a huge white, blob-looking W. And white/red/white looks better than red/red/white.

The players seemed pretty underwhelmed with it, compared to some of the off the wall reactions we've seen when various blackout jerseys/helmets have been introduced before. I wonder if they are still bummed out about those stupid looking unis they were forced to wear against the Huskers last year.

Here Paul Lukas just tweeted out a screen grab of it

BSRs0QLCcAAYBjj.png

In all the changes, and tweaks, and ugliness this year. This is a welcome "eh" change. It looks good, will look good with their set, doesn't rock the boat, and isn't too bad. Kudos Wiscy

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Here Paul Lukas just tweeted out a screen grab of it

BSRs0QLCcAAYBjj.png

In all the changes, and tweaks, and ugliness this year. This is a welcome "eh" change. It looks good, will look good with their set, doesn't rock the boat, and isn't too bad. Kudos Wiscy

Yeah I don't mind it. I hated the Nebraska game uni's last year but this is different while still being the same. Hopefully it looks good on field.

Archived