Post Jackie Robinson's 42 from Around the Majors

Soma

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Target Field

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

You know, the more I look at these, the more I like when it's show in Dodger colors. It should look different than the rest of the team's retired numbers.

Cardinals used to do it like this:

preview_large.jpg?1266309596%20

and this:

7496539330_a31c64646a_z.jpg

But now they've had their own 42 retired so the outfield wall looks like this:

6337828921_7ec621eb40_z.jpg

Does anyone else in MLB have 42 retired for Robinson and another player?

Not yet. Yankees probably will though.

probably? lol

Nothing is done until its done.

Anubis.png

You know, the more I look at these, the more I like when it's show in Dodger colors. It should look different than the rest of the team's retired numbers.

Cardinals used to do it like this:

preview_large.jpg?1266309596%20

and this:

7496539330_a31c64646a_z.jpg

But now they've had their own 42 retired so the outfield wall looks like this:

6337828921_7ec621eb40_z.jpg

Does anyone else in MLB have 42 retired for Robinson and another player?

Not yet. Yankees probably will though.

probably? lol

Nothing is done until its done.

Yes it is. The day after he hangs up his glove.

Yankees have three numbers in "pre-retirement": 42, 2 and 6. That last one might no longer be a definite, but the others sure are. They're different men from Joe.

Here's how it is in the Oakland Coliseum:

(To the left of the blue Silverado sign)

img0071it.jpg

so this is kinda relevant to all the Kings to Seattle threads. Interesting how Oakland not only recognizes their Philly championships. but makes a spectacle of them in front of fans who (even if they were alive back then) are nearly 3,000 miles away from where they were won.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gotta admit, that Cardinals one looks pretty bad. Not only do I think Robinson and/or 42 should be in blue, it interferes with Sutton and further confuses fans into thinking Robinson played for the Cardinals.

If duplicate numbers are allowed on the same football team (commonplace in college football), then there's no reason a team can't commemorate the same number twice.

Archived