Oregon State Unveils New Logo and Uniforms

BroadSt_Bully

I really like most of this. The basketball unis are a home run. The football helmets are really holding back that set, those facemasks are distracting and ugly. I like the striping, but I don't like how it seems conformed to the cap sleeve shape.

maehl.png

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, I dig it. I didn't read through the article, but I don't care for the addition of the gold outline on the football numbers. It's mostly that it's only used on football. The facemask stripe is pretty stupid, but I could get used to something like that. It's just...bizarre. Well done, Nike (did I just say that? :D )

I actually liked their old 'OS' logo as it was unique in college. I'll miss that.

I agree I was a fan of the OS logo overall the football uniforms don't look bad. Not sure how I feel about the facemask. The copper chrome is unique not bad but definitely a different color.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Matt, it's plaid. Check out NikeInc.com - and ONUV the orange helmet is chrome, which is what causes the color shift. All the helmets feature some of the orange chrome. It's sexy in person.

Ok, cool. I'm a huge fan of plaid anyway, but I tried that diamond beaver tail pattern on a concept one time and it looked... well, plaid.

Can't say I care for the "OSU" orange basketball jersey. It's very clean and all, but it still reminds me of Oklahoma State. I thought that was one of their main goals in this redesign, to differentiate from the other OSU?

And while the design on the back of the basketball uni is a nice piece, it looks, to me, too much like a giant sweat stain on TV (same goes for other schools wearing the same Nike template, like Miami).

Does Nike not make their baseball uniforms?

No, they just didn't unveil uniforms for every sport.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Maybe they didn't design them yet since the 2013 season just started(?)

Teams switching uniforms mid-season isn't unheard of. I'm sure OSU baseball will wear their new uniforms this year, especially since the season is still in its infancy. All that talk of brand unity would be useless if they had the baseball team, especially one that is a consistent postseason contender, go the whole season with their old uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm really liking how the black facemask gives the appearance of beaver teeth. Not liking so much how the orange seems to have changed, I prefer the bright color they had previously. Overall I'm happy with it, I like when teams have options to mix and match without going overboard a la Maryland.

Really nice uniforms. I do like the new beaver logo, it's not cartoony.

I don't like the helmet, FUGLY! They are tooooo busy.

I also agree with Tom Richards, their "OS" is a good logo, they need to use that!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Love the logo, hate every uniform.

College sports uniforms remain collectively terrible; a breeding ground for sports design abortions being fired at will.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived