2013-14 CHL uniform/logo thread

chrysleraspen08

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was worn for games, or just the warmups, but I came across this Niagara Icedogs jersey.

1526643_10151827742042046_2114731822_n.j

It was a warmup. My uncle was at the game. He thought they were thirds in warmups but the ice dogs came out for the game in their regular duds

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

I wish they would just go back to this look, soo much better than the battalion identity

Oh God no. The Battalion identity is one of the best in the league. Sure the logo could be upgraded, but the colour scheme and military theme is unique and instantly identifiable. The Cents identity on the other hand is horrible, dated and boring. Both North Bay and the Platters still stand out in my mind from my youth as having the worst logos in relatively recent OHL history.

I wish they would just go back to this look, soo much better than the battalion identity

Oh God no. The Battalion identity is one of the best in the league. Sure the logo could be upgraded, but the colour scheme and military theme is unique and instantly identifiable. The Cents identity on the other hand is horrible, dated and boring. Both North Bay and the Platters still stand out in my mind from my youth as having the worst logos in relatively recent OHL history.

I agree that the Battalion identity is one of the best in the league. The Olive green and yellow is very unique. Although as someone from Northern Ontario I miss the Centennial brand and the rivalry between the Wolves and the Centennials.

More from the IceDogs, this time they made it into a game.

1723638_10151841362852046_478194064_n.jp

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Not a CHL logo but does involve a CHL rink. Looks like Everett has laid down a "12" logo on the ice at Comcast Arena for this weekend's games:

everett12_zpse264d9fd.jpg

Can't say I've ever seen a logo for another team placed on the ice like that before.

Picture from here:@jamesstucky

• 4 weeks later...

New Petes jerseys for 2014-15

1897734_654319817948325_1446423708_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

This is the second jersey I've seen this year with the "CCM" logo on it (Moose Jaw's anniversary jersey being the other) Is this a direction that Reebok is going in with CHL jerseys?

This is the second jersey I've seen this year with the "CCM" logo on it (Moose Jaw's anniversary jersey being the other) Is this a direction that Reebok is going in with CHL jerseys?
Well Reebok is supposedly getting out of the jersey business so it would make sense for them to change the CHL jerseys.

I can't speak for all the leagues but a lot of the WHL teams don't have the Reebok patch on the front of the jersey anymore.

IbjBaeE.png

Well Reebok is supposedly getting out of the jersey business so it would make sense for them to change the CHL jerseys.

I can't speak for all the leagues but a lot of the WHL teams don't have the Reebok patch on the front of the jersey anymore.

I'm glad they are still keeping the Maroon jersey, but it's too bad they went in the direction of vintage white home and black BFBS away. The Petes should be solely a Maroon and white team. I'm still going to have to buy one of the new jerseys though. But thats just the way it is.

Those Petes jerseys look decent, but I'd much rather see them in just maroon and white.

I'm also pleased to see that CCM looks like it's going back into the jersey business. The quality of their replicas is way better than Reebok's.

Am I wrong that Reebok (owned by Adidas) owns CCM? There's nothing to stop them from taking the current Reebok replicas and putting the CCM name on them. Nothing to indicate that the jersey itself would have to change.

It seems like the Blue Jackets' alt has become the go-to template for other teams to recolour. As far as the Petes go, they haven't gotten anything right since the Edge switchover. They're one of the league's most storied teams and should have simply continued using the traditional maroon and white uniforms. BFBS is nothing new for the Petes but it has always been relegated to alternates. The home and away look like they would fit better in Guelph or Red Deer. Also, the wordmark logo looks much better in one color. The double outline makes it hard to read from a distance.

Those Petes jerseys look decent, but I'd much rather see them in just maroon and white.

I'm also pleased to see that CCM looks like it's going back into the jersey business. The quality of their replicas is way better than Reebok's.

Am I wrong that Reebok (owned by Adidas) owns CCM? There's nothing to stop them from taking the current Reebok replicas and putting the CCM name on them. Nothing to indicate that the jersey itself would have to change.

You are not wrong at all. CCM (at least the hockey part of the company) is owned by Reebok.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 4 weeks later...

What's going on with the CHL section on the site? It hasn't been updated all year, it seems - I don't really follow the OHL or the WHL, but I know in the Q, the Mooseheads have a beautiful new green third jersey (or home jersey, I'm not sure), Rimouski has a new (ugly) colour scheme and jerseys... and we still don't have the jerseys for the Charlottetown Islanders....

Archived