NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o5byr.jpg

Seriously, whats with these tiny wordmarks everywhere; adidas, please get lost and never return

Poorly designed. Odd side paneling. And no hint of their traditional blue anywhere. That's an injustice to any Pistons uni. If you look at the Nuggets (previous), Grizzlies and Mavericks navy alts they still at least have elements of their primary blue.

The Pistons don't really have much of a brand identity either. The flying P with the D in the counter is pretty lame. Primary 'logo' even worse.

The red alt's were definitely better.

meh...don't like it don't hate it. Won't be buying one because it's obviously not going to be around long.

I would've REALLY liked it if they had gone with Motor on top of the number, city below, almost as an ode to the old Pistons jersey someone posted above. At least then it would've had meaning and actually would've looked good.

sig.png

Pistons just tweeted this photo:

BRkvmC4CAAAEOBc.jpg

with this text: "Hmmm why does @M10OSE have three #Pistons jerseys in his locker? Find out tomorrow!"

Looks like the alt uni will be navy...booooooooring. :(

Eh, looks alright, but nothing special. Would have rather seen the return of the red ones from the middle part of the last decade; I still have no idea why they were discontinued in the first place.

Agreed. Should have just been red.

I kinda like it. I shouldn't at all, but I do. The Navy/Red/White scheme is more unique than you guys give it credit for in the NBA. The Wizards and Hawks both use it, but add in gray, and the Wizards' striping is so unique that nobody is confusing these jerseys. The Pelicans add in tan heavily, and technically these jerseys were made at the same time. I wish they pushed the Motor City theme more, instead of just using what appears to be generic striping. But aesthetically, I like the looks of it.

Interesting to note that the Pistons website says that "lettering and numbers on the jerseys and shorts are white with hair-line red and blue trim." Obviously, this is incorrect in one sense, because the numbers are red, but is there a thin royal outline on the wordmark?

That being said, they should go back to these. Just kidding. Not really.

095550654_img0727_zpsabcbced0.jpg

Those 90's jerseys would've been great had they stuck to their traditional colors and not jumped on the teal bandwagon. Seriously, just swap the teal with either navy or royal blue, use silver in place of the yellow, keep the maroon alternate jersey, maybe even eliminate or reduce the amount of black and boom, you have a 90's look that doesn't stomp on tradition.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived