NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

Looking at the teams who don't have alternate uniforms, trying to predict what we might see this season:

• Brooklyn - will likely have an alt AND a sleeved uni since they are a top NBA market and have made big moves this offseason.
  • Charlotte - on pace for perhaps a sky blue alt, but maybe they'll stand pat with the branding change coming next season. maybe they could make a teal/purple alt uni with "CHARLOTTE" on it as a sign of things to come?
  • Detroit - maybe with all the offseason excitement and player movement, they bring back the red alt uni to move some merch?
  • New York - orange alt (FINALLY) added. great move.
  • Washington - perhaps a navy coloring of the away uni, or they could go with a completely new design for a navy uni

Anybody else gander a guess?

I think your right on with Washington, New York, and Detroit, but I think Brooklyn's only going to have the "special event" sleeved uniform, and an orange alternate for the 'Cats.

spacer.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of alt jerseys, am I the only one that thinks OKC's alt jersey is a million times better than their god-awful duds they got now?

And, do you think they'd ever go to those full-time?

OKC_zps9b131c28.jpg

No because they arent and old team that has had a history of simple uniforms, even when they were in seatle they had unique uniforms with modern styles. The present jerseys and logos arent the best either but they are better than the fauxback alts

No because they arent and old team that has had a history of simple uniforms, even when they were in seatle they had unique uniforms with modern styles. The present jerseys and logos arent the best either but they are better than the fauxback alts

I see.

I absolutely loved Seattle's old color scheme and uni's. Now, I didn't like their mid to late 90's look, I mean the 70's-80's scheme.

I see.

I absolutely loved Seattle's old color scheme and uni's. Now, I didn't like their mid to late 90's look, I mean the 70's-80's scheme.

The Sonics' look immediately prior to their move was one of my favorite in the NBA. It was modern, yet the arch on the jersey was a nod to the team's uniform history.

Seattle+SuperSonics+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Speaking of alt jerseys, am I the only one that thinks OKC's alt jersey is a million times better than their god-awful duds they got now?

And, do you think they'd ever go to those full-time?

OKC_zps9b131c28.jpg

I disagree.

If they'd remove that god-awful logo from the shorts (and anywhere else it may be), I'd take anything over their current look.

They would still have a bottom 10 look, but it would be the first step for them towards respectability.

I see.

The Sonics' look immediately prior to their move was one of my favorite in the NBA. It was modern, yet the arch on the jersey was a nod to the team's uniform history.

YES! Those are great.

The ones I was referring to was this nasty thing:

Sonics_zpsd8459fb6.jpg

I see.

I actually hated those uniforms. Right idea, poor execution, IMO. Of course the shiny fabric from RBK in those days didn't help at all.

desmond-mason-nba.jpg

The pine and wine! I hated this, although admittedly I had a sweatshirt and jersey from this era. But the sweater was straight up green and red and looked very much like a Christmas sweater. Bringing back the green and gold was about the only good thing Schultz did for the team.

(Looks at JP design sideways.).seriously?? OKC jersey set is one of the WORST!! They makesthe CATS home jersey looks like best sellers

Their set really isn't that bad. It isn't great by any means, but it isn't terrible. It's safe. Their logo is the worst in any of the major US sports.

I actually really like the fauxbacks, but the double outline on the number is completely unnecessary and ruins what would otherwise be one of my favorite sets.

desmond-mason-nba.jpg

The pine and wine! I hated this, although admittedly I had a sweatshirt and jersey from this era. But the sweater was straight up green and red and looked very much like a Christmas sweater. Bringing back the green and gold was about the only good thing Schultz did for the team.

gary-payton-and-shawn-kemp.jpg

tumblr_m875q8wZ0q1qi117mo1_500.jpg

The last NBA finals I gave a crap about was Sonics-Bulls because I hated the Bulls and I thought the Sonics' uniforms were awesome. Looking at them now they're so 90's Pearl Jam has a song about them. That number font is horrible, and I never realized how gigantic the wordmark was. The colors aren't bad.

PvO6ZWJ.png

desmond-mason-nba.jpg

gary-payton-and-shawn-kemp.jpg

tumblr_m875q8wZ0q1qi117mo1_500.jpg

The last NBA finals I gave a crap about was Sonics-Bulls because I hated the Bulls and I thought the Sonics' uniforms were awesome. Looking at them now they're so 90's Pearl Jam has a song about them. That number font is horrible, and I never realized how gigantic the wordmark was. The colors aren't bad.

I always thought the white version of those looked pretty good. It was the road and alternate I thought were trash.

Agreed. Hated that Seattle set.

Also, (unpopular opinion alert) I think the Thunder's set is one of the best in the league. The logo still sucks, but the colors and uniforms are solid.

I mostly agree.The logo is terrible. The road wordmark is awkward with "city" appearing on its own line, and I am not crazy about the font. However, the template is great. It was so refreshing to see an actual basketball template, with shoulder cuffs and everything, after the decade of crap Nike/Reebok/Adidas gave us. The Thunder's set is not one of my all-time favorites, but the only thing which needs to change is dumping the alternate jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I personally didn't mind those Sonics uniforms..the colors though were a bit much for me though..and the font was cool but Overboard! If with emerald and lime green,a toned down sized script and it could be cleaned up . OKC faux retro jersey is cool but still plain for a logo with so many colors

shado_logo.gif

Archived