NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The justification for "los bulls," etc is that team names are considered proper names in Hispanic communities and therefore that's what they say. In that case, however, shouldn't "New York" be considered a proper name, or do they actually say "Nueva York?"

No, because Nueva York is how hispanics refer to New York. Just as Americans refer to it as Spain, and not España.

However, the team name is an american name on purpose. We don't call "Real Madrid" Royal Madrid, even though that's what it translates to. The Los is just the spanish addition of "the," just as colloquially we add "The" to the beginning of team names.

All that to explain what I believe to be their justification...but in the end, it would just be a lot cooler to see a Chicago Toros jersey than a Los Bulls one.

I like the idea of a navy alt for the Pistons. That red alt was an eyesore. I'll reserve full judgment until I see the whole thing though. If they do something stupid like put a logo on the front in place of a wordmark then all bets are off.

I loved the number font on the teal Pistons jersey. Everything else was awful though.

You mean the flaming horse doesn't do it for you? LOL

Agreed, these are awful. I can't even focus on the numbers, the rest just gets in the way.

Back to the navy alts. Like others have said, I don't know why the obsession with more blue on top of what you already have.

Only navy alt I like is the OKC faux-retro alt and I know I'm apparently in the minority on that one.

A little red-orange goes a long way in improving the Thunder's alternates:

BDcY9K2CAAAMsIw.jpg

Wow, what a difference!

That does make a difference. But, at the same time I feel I shouldn't like it ...

Pistons just tweeted this photo:

BRkvmC4CAAAEOBc.jpg

with this text: "Hmmm … why does @M10OSE have three #Pistons jerseys in his locker? Find out tomorrow!"

Looks like the alt uni will be navy...booooooooring. :(

Eh, looks alright, but nothing special. Would have rather seen the return of the red ones from the middle part of the last decade; I still have no idea why they were discontinued in the first place.

Agreed. Red shouldn't have gone (how much do you want to bet their sleeved jersey is red?). The side panels on that alt look different. I wonder if the front will be a different design? Something like a Spurs alt with a picture logo? (hope not). Oh the speculation.

The rumor is it will have "Motor City" on the front, which seems possible from the #motorcity hashtag in the tweet.

That is very possible. Didn't the Blazers have Rip City on one of their alts? Could be new wave for marketing merchandise sales

Go A's!

At first glance I was praying the Monroe made team USA, so there wouldn't be any navy alts, but oh well. The number fonts are clearly the same.

Now we can only hope for their primary blue and the horse on the front.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Agreed. Hated that Seattle set.

Also, (unpopular opinion alert) I think the Thunder's set is one of the best in the league. The logo still sucks, but the colors and uniforms are solid.

I couldn't stand those atrocious red uniforms! The final Sonics uniforms were TEN TIMES better!!

Maybe the Pistons will go with a top/bottom wordmark on the front, either Detroit on top and Pistons below, or Motor on top and City below, with the number in between. There's precedent.

4854c9c7-e680-4f73-bd20-05910712ed9a_lg.

Nah, that won't happen, because that makes too much sense. My money is on the Motor City jersey. Ugh.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Pistons just tweeted this photo:

BRkvmC4CAAAEOBc.jpg

with this text: "Hmmm … why does @M10OSE have three #Pistons jerseys in his locker? Find out tomorrow!"

Looks like the alt uni will be navy...booooooooring. :(

Nothing says "We're an NBA team, and we stand out!" like adopting a second blue jersey.

Adopting a secondary blue color to an unnecessary alternate jersey. Sounds like the Thunder to me

Dallas, Memphis and Denver (luckily they ditched it already) also had two different blue jerseys. It seems like the trend spreads out of Midwest.

EDIT: My idea of Midwest was in the shape of 90's NBA Division but after the google search I realized that Michigan is more Midwest than Texas/Colorado/Oklahoma.

ugh. i don't like the idea of "Motor City" on the front, but i suppose that's slightly better than putting the DP alt logo on the front, ala the Spurs alt uni.

i'd prefer the

DETROIT

#

PISTONS

setup on the front, but it seems unlikely.

EDIT: i'd love the paneling in the alt uni to be like this (continued to the armhole, of course):

dave-bing_zps2dfa6fda.jpg

Archived