Rare team matchups

preview.jpg

Wait... what? Maybe you meant to post the version of the Dolphins unis that came right before the Oilers move to Tennessee, but these uniforms were in circulation together for quite some time.

Using pro-football-reference, I was able to date this photo to November 17, 1996. Karim Abdul-Jabbar is the ballcarrier, and James Roberson is the defensive lineman on the ground.
I thought this was a joke at first. I looked it up and much to my surprise it is not.
The best part is he was a RB at UCLA. I remember a story that when he was given the name after converting his response was, "Do you know where I go to school"?
  • Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

preview.jpg

Wait... what? Maybe you meant to post the version of the Dolphins unis that came right before the Oilers move to Tennessee, but these uniforms were in circulation together for quite some time.

Using pro-football-reference, I was able to date this photo to November 17, 1996. Karim Abdul-Jabbar is the ballcarrier, and James Roberson is the defensive lineman on the ground.
I thought this was a joke at first. I looked it up and much to my surprise it is not.
The best part is he was a RB at UCLA. I remember a story that when he was given the name after converting his response was, "Do you know where I go to school"?

His name is now Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar. he was born Shannon Shah (thank you wikipedia)

• 2 weeks later...

In light of the new Milwaukee Bucks uniforms:

PI-NBA-Milwaukee-Bucks-Pelicans-6-031715

2013-15 Bucks and Pelicans

usa-today-8298975.0.jpg

And turns out this year ended up beingthe only time we saw the previous Bucks uniforms against the revamped Charlotte Hornets

Am I the only one thinking these Hornets uniforms are a total swing and a miss?

usa-today-8298975.0.jpg

And turns out this year ended up beingthe only time we saw the previous Bucks uniforms against the revamped Charlotte Hornets

White numbers with a teal outline would be nice but other than that not really.

usa-today-8298975.0.jpg

White numbers with a teal outline would be nice but other than that not really.

This and pinstripes, getting rid of the weird single side panel, changing the collar. The only decent aspects left are the colors (even though the purple is really dark) and logo...

Surprised nobody was upset about the Bucks ditching Red from the colour scheme... Especially in light of how long it was used and the championship team behind it.

You obviously never saw any of my posts on the subject. I'm the one guy who thinks the rebrand was a downgrade.

The Reebok-engineered new-look Seahawks met the old-style Atlanta Falcons for the only time in 2002, two years before the Falcons changed their uniform. I am unable to find pics.

5867075.jpg

(Found it on Google... sure enough it was from CCSLC and a similar thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/84264-jerseys-you-didnt-think-were-used-at-the-same-time/?p=1695713)

90758391980.gif