Rare team matchups

Three of my personal favorites

First is the Ottawa Renegades vs Montréal Alouettes on Canada day 2005 when Ottawa came back to win in overtime. It is the only year of that jersey as the Renegades would fold before the start of the nest season.

Korey-Banks-Bo-Rogers-Ottawa-Renegades-2

Second is 2010 retro week Montréal Alouettes vs Saskatchewan Roughriders. I know that they have worn those styles against each other as it was 70'week but Montréal only wore the retro Jersey in that one game. I my self really like the contrast between the two teams.

3371794.jpg?size=640x420

Lastly this happens twice in that year and third time Ottawa wore the uniform that many Senators fans including my self wish they use full time. Also from the Ides of March game in Montréal that Send fans would love to forget but it was a killer looking match up

jean-gabriel-pageau-brendan-gallagher-nh

• Like 1

zyyMk1d.png

Here are some rare NHL match-ups:

Rare photographic evidence of the fishstick Islanders in their first year, against the last year of Winnipeg Jets 1.0

BYo1lWv.jpg

First year of the current Sabres set against the final year of the blue Panthers

108991588_slide.jpg

Rare occasion of the old Blues facing the burgundy Canucks in 1998

VAP98010702.jpg

Here's one of the only times the Blue Jackets faced the old Penguins set

jackets-10-14-art0-g65a83hp-1blue-jacket

- More CFL goodness; from 1989, the only time the first-generation Saskatchewan Roughriders w/the current logo (with all the sleeve striping) met the 'dynamic' Toronto Argonauts in their first year @ what's now Rogers Centre. The Riders removed all striping on their jerseys and left only their logo the next year after their Grey Cup win that year.

UBwef0L.png

Houston Oilers Vs. winged shield Baltimore Ravens. This photo is in fact the very last Houston Oilers game before they moved to Tennessee. This was the Oilers' last year in Houston and the Ravens' first year in Baltimore. I know they were in the same division and the Oilers name and look existed for two more seasons, but the Oilers and Ravens met 6 times in all, and only twice while the Oilers were in Houston.

960x540.jpg

• Like 1

ICXC NIKA

While looking for that I did find this from the lone meeting between the creamsicles and Panthers.

weldon-car95.jpg

I played this matchup so many times on Madden ('95, I believe... the one where the Panthers and Jags were ridiculously powerful hidden teams) that this doesn't look weird to me.

While looking for that I did find this from the lone meeting between the creamsicles and Panthers.

weldon-car95.jpg

I played this matchup so many times on Madden ('95, I believe... the one where the Panthers and Jags were ridiculously powerful hidden teams) that this doesn't look weird to me.

Same, but on Tecmo Super Bowl III, which was also for the '95 season.

niagaraq.png

weldon-car95.jpg

Same, but on Tecmo Super Bowl III, which was also for the '95 season.

as much as I enjoyed the Madden series for the Sega Genesis, I enjoyed the heck out of the Tecmo Super Bowl series. OH and the Panthers/Bucs picture, good god that thing is a thing of beauty. Granted I enjoy the Bucs previous look, but there is something beautiful about that panthers/bucs match with the Bucs wearing the creamsicles.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!