**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

First impressions from me are fairly positive.. I quite like it, the star and the roundell. I slightly prefer the roundell to be honest And the lack of gold isn't an issue for me either. it looks really sharp. Ill see if my opinion of it changes in a few days...

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The silver isn't bad....it's just an odd choice. Why dump gold for silver? Regardless it'll be a unique scheme. Which is what's important. They're kelly green. They have a logo that incorporates a star and the initial of their location. They look like the Stars again. All in all, well done.

That aside I really like the D/star logo. That thing will make a great primary. The roundel I can take or leave. It's unoffensive as an alternate, but I wish they had kept a version of their State of Texas logo (with the new D/star) instead.

I don't like it. The Stars have worn some form of yellow or gold since 67 so it sucks to see that go.

Emphasizes the D, which is good, but the empty hole in the D, where the rest of the star should be is bothering me.

The NHL doesn't need another roundel. That better be the shoulder patch.

It's not the worst, it's not the mooterus, but I'm disappointed. At least they're going back to being a primarily green team, so that's a victory.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The italic isn't unnecessary. Every stars logo since 1967 has been italic.

No gold is okay with me. Agreed in the bevel. I also wish there was less black in the roundel.

Here's a quick rendering of my own of what I think the D-star logo should look like with gold.

g3989b574h986576.png

Not enough contrast with the gold - it looks like a poo brown blob.

If you go more bright yellow gold, it looks too garish IMO. I'm fine with the silver. It's new and fresh and slick.

I'm sorry but you need the beveling for this logo otherwise it looks flat and boring. I think it works.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

This logo is so :censored:ing awful, that I actual would be in favor of keeping the "college script".

This is probably the worst logo I have ever seen in the big 4.

LMFAO! quit trollin'!

both logos look sweet to me. i understand the loss of gold hurts to fans, but from an outsiders POV the color palette is really good.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

As a Stars fan for the past 20 years, who has a great appreciation for the North Stars heritage, I love the new primary logo. Indifferent on the roundel.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the uniforms. I feel that sometimes you can't pass judgement on a sports logo until you see it on the jersey. I felt this way when the Jets leaked their new logo and I've come to like the logo on the jersey.

Archived