New Carolina Hurricanes uniforms

The Carolina Hurricanes unveiled their new uniforms this morning. Voice your approval or displeasure.

570x375xNew-Hurricanes-Jerseys-feat_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vGlqXJ_JSc.jpg

559x724xCompare-Hurricanes_jpg_pagespeed_ic_jbAguW19F_.jpg

My own opinion, they're a major downgrade and I'm disappointed.

UPDATE: June 5th 2013 1:21AM PST

Poll on the Canes.com message boards titled "Do you like the new uniforms?" is currently leading with 77.78% No

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/community/topic/21505-do-you-like-the-new-uniforms/

I'm not the least bit surprised.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BL7zX42CAAAWUTI.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

only in the NHL do people seek to make products less unique and more cookie-cutter.

I hate to say it, because most of what they've done in the NFL/CFB scares the hell out of me, but the NHL could use a little Nike in their lives right about now.

I wasn't a huge fan of the old uniforms, but come on... These are so boring. And why there is no black on the home uniform, I'll never know... Big downgrade.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Am I the only one who's surprised that the mannequins aren't wearing Reebok equipment?

Anyway, definite downgrade.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived