2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

Unfortunately, the Cowboys will not change anytime soon, but someday maybe they finally will meet the demand for their fans and start wearing the colors at home for a few games. Just my opinion. :huh:

By all accounts Cowboys fans have embraced the white at home look as their tradition, so the team's not going to be pressured on that front. You'd probably see a fair bit of protest from the fans if they ever did decide to wear blue at home.

This.

I can't even put into words my love for monochrome uniforms. One of the greatest things to ever happen to the NFL.

See, I think it looks amateur. Monochrome (especially monochrome that includes stripeless pants) is something I associate with high school and lower level NCAA football. It's just not a "pro" look.

This too.

newsig.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carolina in all white as always. They will never wear black or grey pants with those white jerseys ever! Becuase it's part of their identity. I'm not bullsh--ting either!

They've already worn the silver pants with the white jersey before, so as usual, you're wrong.

Just because they wore it once in 1998, doesn't mean they will wear the jerseys with black or silver pants.

Carolina in all white as always. They will never wear black or grey pants with those white jerseys ever! Becuase it's part of their identity. I'm not bullsh--ting either!

They've already worn the silver pants with the white jersey before, so as usual, you're wrong.

Just because they wore it once in 1998, doesn't mean they will wear the jerseys with black or silver pants.

You said never.

Titans wore navy blue pants with white jersey. Why do they do that if it doesn't match as well as the colombian blue?

I think they might be trying to avoid all connections to last season haha. Plus it's kind of a throwback year for them (hence wearing their navy alternate next week), so this might be their way of celebrating it.

Are they still going throwbacks with the new helmet rule?

I think it's been announced that Green Bay's just gonna wear their normal helmets with all the decals removed.

Best look this week was Browns and Lions, although I hate to admit it, also Cowboys and Redskins.

Both games had the least amount of pink I saw.

Buffalo and Cincy looked awful, as did many of the other teams that had players with excessive pink.

2ly2w09.jpg

can someone explain to me why some teams (ie Dallas) wear their white at home and others wear their colored at home?

Because the warm weather teams tend to wear white early in the season because of a psychological advantage of absorbing heat with lighter colors. They force the visiting team to wear their colors because it doesn't absorb much due to hot and humid weather.

New Orleans Saints on the other hand, I can't figure out why they wear white at home early in the season because they play all their home games indoors. Unless they have no air conditioning in the Superdome, and it gets humid and sticky down there, it doesn't make sense for them to wear white at home in a dome.

And I have said it in other posters, but I will say it again, the Dallas Cowboys should NOT wear white at home all the time. The silly (and yes it is silly) "blue curse" doesn't work or is non-existent anymore. Why don't they let the players wear blue at home for at least 2-3 games, and the rest of their home games white? The Dolphins have a good traditional idea to wear white during the daytime (due to the humidity), but at night wear their aqua jerseys. The Cowboys should at least do the same.

There that should answer your question.

it's also so the home team fans get to see the other teams colored jerseys, rather than just seeing the cowboys in blue play a team in white every home game

Yeah, but now the home team fans, (in this case the Cowboys) can't even see their own team wear their color jersey. And its been that way for more than 40 years.

The Cowboys did not originally start wearing white because of any warm weather concerns. The story was, when the NFL first decided it was OK for teams to choose white as a home color, Tex Schramm realized that by being pretty much the only team (at that time) to do it full time, that whenever the Cowboys appeared on TV, they would always have the exact same look, and would therefore be more recognizable than other teams. Marketing. Pretty smart really.

Yeah, it was pretty smart back in 1973 even in 1983. But we are now in 2013, and now every NFL team is on cable or Direct TV, and everybody knows what color jerseys the other team wears. So it doesn't make sense anymore. The majority of fans of their NFL teams would really like to see the favorite team wear the colors instead of the whites. The colors of their team is what sells more than the whites. I can understand one team wears white at home because of the weather, but teams like the Dallas Cowboys who continues to constantly wear white just because they want to or because its tradition is a head scratcher. Unfortunately, the Cowboys will not change anytime soon, but someday maybe they finally will meet the demand for their fans and start wearing the colors at home for a few games. Just my opinion. :huh:

Just saying as a Cowboys fan, I prefer the home whites. While mismatched color-wise, their white look is iconic. I like the dark blues and throwbacks every once in a while, if they were to wear it anything other than white at home (aside from the thanksgiving game) I'd hate it.

And also, I can assure that most of us prefer the white uniforms. We like all of our uniforms, but the whites need to be worn more than any other uniform.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I meant never again will the Panthers wear their white jerseys with either black or silver pants. Because they want to wear only white pants with white jerseys.

Of course as long as Richardson continues to own the team. He is that type of guy that don't want to change things up. That's too bad.

He finally relented and let them wear the black pants with the black jerseys.

He'll eventually let them wear the black pants with the white jersey too. Hopefully. He's probably the only person on the planet who thinks the all whites with light silver helmet and baby blue socks looks good.....10-12 times a year.

Archived