2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they go with white pants. I like that look better and if memory serves me right, Harbaugh and the Ravens have been using that combo recently

Go A's!

I think they go with white pants. I like that look better and if memory serves me right, Harbaugh and the Ravens have been using that combo recently

They will wear the black jerseys twice. Once they will wear them with white pants. Once they'll wear them with black pants. Probably will be white this weekend and black later in the year. That's at least been the trend in the past few years.

can someone explain to me why some teams (ie Dallas) wear their white at home and others wear their colored at home?

Because the warm weather teams tend to wear white early in the season because of a psychological advantage of absorbing heat with lighter colors. They force the visiting team to wear their colors because it doesn't absorb much due to hot and humid weather.

New Orleans Saints on the other hand, I can't figure out why they wear white at home early in the season because they play all their home games indoors. Unless they have no air conditioning in the Superdome, and it gets humid and sticky down there, it doesn't make sense for them to wear white at home in a dome.

And I have said it in other posters, but I will say it again, the Dallas Cowboys should NOT wear white at home all the time. The silly (and yes it is silly) "blue curse" doesn't work or is non-existent anymore. Why don't they let the players wear blue at home for at least 2-3 games, and the rest of their home games white? The Dolphins have a good traditional idea to wear white during the daytime (due to the humidity), but at night wear their aqua jerseys. The Cowboys should at least do the same.

There that should answer your question.

can someone explain to me why some teams (ie Dallas) wear their white at home and others wear their colored at home?

Because the warm weather teams tend to wear white early in the season because of a psychological advantage of absorbing heat with lighter colors. They force the visiting team to wear their colors because it doesn't absorb much due to hot and humid weather.

New Orleans Saints on the other hand, I can't figure out why they wear white at home early in the season because they play all their home games indoors. Unless they have no air conditioning in the Superdome, and it gets humid and sticky down there, it doesn't make sense for them to wear white at home in a dome.

And I have said it in other posters, but I will say it again, the Dallas Cowboys should NOT wear white at home all the time. The silly (and yes it is silly) "blue curse" doesn't work or is non-existent anymore. Why don't they let the players wear blue at home for at least 2-3 games, and the rest of their home games white? The Dolphins have a good traditional idea to wear white during the daytime (due to the humidity), but at night wear their aqua jerseys. The Cowboys should at least do the same.

it's also so the home team fans get to see the other teams colored jerseys, rather than just seeing the cowboys in blue play a team in white every home game

The Cowboys did not originally start wearing white because of any warm weather concerns. The story was, when the NFL first decided it was OK for teams to choose white as a home color, Tex Schramm realized that by being pretty much the only team (at that time) to do it full time, that whenever the Cowboys appeared on TV, they would always have the exact same look, and would therefore be more recognizable than other teams. Marketing. Pretty smart really.

As a Cowboys fan, I would like to see one shade of gray/silver with both the white and blue jerseys. And as a suggestion, if they absolutely refuse to wear their normal blue jerseys at home and they are no longer going to wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiving, they could create an alternate blue double-star jersey like they wore in 1995 on the road and in 2001-03 for the Thanksgiving classic.

I also would like their standard blue jersey to resemble what they wore between 1981 and the 1995 preseason with silver numbers. ISTR the Cowboys wearing these jerseys for the last time in 1995's preseason for games against the Bills (in Toronto) and the Oilers (in San Antonio).

The Vikings will wear monochrome purple this Sunday to raise awareness for victims of domestic abuse, as the color for that movement happens to be purple. Good cause but it's going to look atrocious.

I can't even put into words my love for monochrome uniforms. One of the greatest things to ever happen to the NFL.

it's also so the home team fans get to see the other teams colored jerseys, rather than just seeing the cowboys in blue play a team in white every home game

Yeah, but now the home team fans, (in this case the Cowboys) can't even see their own team wear their color jersey. And its been that way for more than 40 years.

The Cowboys did not originally start wearing white because of any warm weather concerns. The story was, when the NFL first decided it was OK for teams to choose white as a home color, Tex Schramm realized that by being pretty much the only team (at that time) to do it full time, that whenever the Cowboys appeared on TV, they would always have the exact same look, and would therefore be more recognizable than other teams. Marketing. Pretty smart really.

Yeah, it was pretty smart back in 1973 even in 1983. But we are now in 2013, and now every NFL team is on cable or Direct TV, and everybody knows what color jerseys the other team wears. So it doesn't make sense anymore. The majority of fans of their NFL teams would really like to see the favorite team wear the colors instead of the whites. The colors of their team is what sells more than the whites. I can understand one team wears white at home because of the weather, but teams like the Dallas Cowboys who continues to constantly wear white just because they want to or because its tradition is a head scratcher. Unfortunately, the Cowboys will not change anytime soon, but someday maybe they finally will meet the demand for their fans and start wearing the colors at home for a few games. Just my opinion. :huh:

Ravens likely going all black. They just talked about going "Black and Pink" and last time they did that they went all black uni's with pink gloves and shoes

I wish the Ravens keep wearing the purple, maybe someday wear an all-purple look (just like the Vikings are doing this Sunday). I just really not gotten into the alternate black uniform, probably never will.

Unfortunately, the Cowboys will not change anytime soon, but someday maybe they finally will meet the demand for their fans and start wearing the colors at home for a few games. Just my opinion. :huh:

By all accounts Cowboys fans have embraced the white at home look as their tradition, so the team's not going to be pressured on that front. You'd probably see a fair bit of protest from the fans if they ever did decide to wear blue at home.

I don't mind it honestly. Whatever their reasons for wearing white at home were white over silver has become the Dallas Cowboys' signature look. I just wish they would standardize the blues and silvers and redesign the whites to match the rarely seen blues.

The Vikings will wear monochrome purple this Sunday to raise awareness for victims of domestic abuse, as the color for that movement happens to be purple. Good cause but it's going to look atrocious.

I can't even put into words my love for monochrome uniforms. One of the greatest things to ever happen to the NFL.

See, I think it looks amateur. Monochrome (especially monochrome that includes stripeless pants) is something I associate with high school and lower level NCAA football. It's just not a "pro" look.

I suffered thru 9 years of colored (navy) monochrome uniforms, and I can't put into words my HATE for them.

Fortunately we've gone back to our traditional look and the vast majority of our fans are quite happy about it.

This is the first place I've heard this news, but in light of the news about Adrian Peterson's son (if you haven't heard, google it) I think it's an nice gesture. But make no mistake, good cause or not, it will look horrible.

See, I think it looks amateur. Monochrome (especially monochrome that includes stripeless pants) is something I associate with high school and lower level NCAA football. It's just not a "pro" look.

Agreed. Every local high school around me wears an ugly monochrome combo with a silly over-designed jersey over plain solid pants. So puzzling. Why a professional team would want to look anything like that is beyond me, and why some fans seem to like it is even further beyond me. I compare it to minor league hockey and baseball. In those sports, when the minor league team plasters a cartoon mascot across their chest I'm OK with it... in fact it's kind of fun. But if the LA Kings had a giant cartoon lion with a big crown on his head on their sweaters? Ridiculous. And monochrome uniforms are the NFL equivalent.

Archived