Stl Cardinals Concept

pcgd

So, many teams make uniform changes when a new stadium opens. St. Louis will be opening a new one in 2006 so I figured, they might make some changes. Although the birds with on the bat has pretty much always been there, they've gone though many changes through the years. I drew inspiration from their '34 uniforms and put st. louis on the aways. Because I drew inspiration from those, I gave the whites a tannish tint like the giants. Also there's a bit of blue in the aways, not too much though. I took away the stripes on the socks that they've pretty much always had cause without baggy pants I think they look rediculous. No alternates. They've only had a few, one was a "World Champions" alt (which I think would be cool if teams did that today instead of just a patch. If the lightning came out with a stanley cup jersey that'd be pretty sweet IMO.) and I've heard they wore their batting jerseys for a game in the 80s. I also (poorly) did a stadium logo calling it the Budweiser Jack Buck Diamond. Figured I had to include two of St. Louis' biggest names, and they are gonna need the money cause they are I guess funding the stadium themselves.

Anyhoo: here we go...

stl.gif

Oh, and yes I know there is more blue outline on the st. louis, I noticed that after I finished and am a bit too lazy to go and change it.

I really dig the piping (especially on the home), and the cream color really works on these. Good job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Remind me a lot of the Winnipeg Goldeyes' uniforms, except the home white doesn't have red sleeves. I must say, these are really nice. I love the "St. Louis" on the road, and the cream home is tight.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Piping's good, but I don't think a vest is what the Cardinals would have in mind. Make the sleeves a solid color (Cream at home, gray on the road), drop the blue socks on the road and ignore the interlocked "STL" on the right sleeves. Otherwise, good design.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I'm kind of thrown by the fact that blue is a major color on the road, but doesn't appear anywhere on the home uniform. Not sure if the two go together very well, but I must say that as individual jerseys, I love each of them. Very very nice.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

They're really nice work, pcgd. A great look... but, IMHO, not for the Cards. They currently make basic look good, and I'd hate to see them go away from that. That doesn't mean I don't think yoiur work was excellent, mind you.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

These are very good, but, IMO, the cream doesn't work very well. The Cards look tight in white-and-red right now. I'd also like to see the "L" on the away script to wrap around the bat like the "S" does.

Other than those two gripes, fantastic job.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

:shocked: Wow.

With so many people trying to incorporate that throwback feeling into things nowadays... I think you may have done the best job of them all. These are absolutely perfect in terms of balancing a current look with an old school, throwback feel without making them feel like they're from the 40s. I can definitely picture the Cards wearing these - and merchandising going through the roof as well. Just fantastic all around. Love 'em.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Although I'm not crazy about a vest style or the cream, the home looks good. The Cards need some piping right now. I tried to make a Saint Louis script once, looked kind of like yours but not nearly as well done. Nice job. I don't like all the blue on the road. In my mind, the Cards should be predominantly red with a little navy for outlining while their rivals the Cubs should be predominantly blue with a little red. None the less, it looks clean and professional. Nice work overall.

While I think vests are overused, and should be reduced in the MLB, these are so well done, so tight, so sweet... i'd be for kicking some other team out fo vests to make way for these.

I LOVE the cream with red sleeves.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived