LA KISS? Really?!

jhans203

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$$$ talks at least AFL doesn't try to hide it they embrace it. Now if they go with the bieber beavers then I think they need to throw in the towel but KISS...they've given all of us the best for years they can do whatever they want!

Jon Bon Jovi owned the Soul until 2010. Now it's partially owned by Ron 'Jaws' Jaworski. I guess anyone can own an Arena Football team. Now, excuse me while I go prepare my Southeastern Ohio River Rats for their opener against the Rattlers...

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

A. It is amazing KISS still thinks they are relevant. Might as well be the L.A. Steely Dan.

B. Amazing as well how desperate the AFL is to get owners. That is an embarrassing brand for them to sell.

(Not that the NY CityHawks or New Jersey RedDogs were stellar brands either.)

C. I pity the poor announcers for those games.

D. This is especially sad because the L.A. Avengers was such a cool name. (Especially in Spanish when it basically translated into "the Avenging Angels").

$$$ talks at least AFL doesn't try to hide it they embrace it. Now if they go with the bieber beavers then I think they need to throw in the towel but KISS...they've given all of us the best for years they can do whatever they want!

I agree, strangely enough, on the embracing part. Blatant corporate team names are such an Arena League thing (Miami Hooters, New Jersey Red Dawgs).* Since this is an expansion AFL team, why not? They may end up being renamed the Avengers in a couple years anyways.^ That said, the logo is awful and LA Avengers was a much better name.

*New Jersey's name really wasn't a bad identity IMO.

^Of course, one of my biggest pet peeves is when an existing team is bought and rebranded to match an ownership's/corporation's pet color scheme in spite of the team's history (Astros, Padres, Chargers, etc.).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I remember back in the 1970s, my suburban public school system was bursting at the seams due to the diuble whammy of oil-boom era influx of population and the tail end of baby boomers. A new junior high (J.D. Meisler) was set to open in 1977 to handle the overcrowding. With redistricting being discussed, a lot of us that lived north of I-10 thought we would be going there, so my buddy Mike O'Rourke and I began developing names and logos for Meisler (we heard rumors they were going to be called the Penguins!). One name and logo that he and I developed (half-jokingly) was the Meisler KISS. Silver KISS logo on a black football helmet, silver and black color scheme.

Of course, we were only 12 then... whats the AFL's excuse? Arena Football as a sport has always been a joke; now the AFL as a league has become a complete joke in the last few years, especially after the NFL pulled out and the league spent a year or so in hiatus....

(and I am a big KISS fan, too, btw)

It is what it is.

The LFL rejected this idea, so Gene's gotta slum it in the Arena League.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived