2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

Another shot confirms the lone red armband.

https://twitter.com/Clubhousecanada/status/382579050683703296/photo/1

Oh, and fantastic design decision on the white jersey to put the flag on a red background without an outline.

Yikes...I'm guessing nobody at Nike has family that served in World War II. I mean, come on.

Cummon, the IIHF just allowed retro jerseys with Soviet symbols on it a few years ago (you know, those guys that murdered nearly 20 times more people than the Nazis), why should a vague similarity to German uniforms be a problem?

Because ANY similarity to Nazi Germany should be avoided.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This year's Canada/USA game is brought to you by Petro-Canada and K-Swiss"

Petro-Canada-Logo.jpg

kswiss2.jpg

No, not K-Swiss, these guys:

877f8ab01f085ac5a9fc29001e4e17fa.png

Now that we can make out the actual cut of the shiny shoulder leaves, I don't particularly mind that feature at all (after the first leak I assumed it was a bunch of little leaves a la the USA stars, but it's a single leaf design on each shoulder, kind of like the wings on the Russian jersey). The gold leaves representing Olympic Golds on the bottom of the jerseys though I feel would work better on the sleeves.

Could've been good, but Nike.

Also, that alt looks like a shirt I'd wear around the campfire.

Just before you burn it? :oops:

Let's re-word that. Something my dad would wear around the fire.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Reminds me of the Bay's 2012 Olympic gear:

mBsWdLXQo335eMhFkRln9VA.jpg

Utter garbage. And what the hell's with the random gold leaves thrown on the front? Yeah, yeah, I get the gold medal connotation, but that's probably the definition of a last-minute throw-in on a uniform.

The gold leaves on the front represent the 12 gold medals that Canada has won in Olympic Hockey (8 Men's, 3 Women's, & 1 Paralympic Sledge Hockey). They will all be wearing the same jersey then I would assume.

579x364xTeam-Canada-Olympic-Jersey-12-Go

• 2 weeks later...

Czech Republic leak (with Milan Hnilichka Thrashers bonus!) is pretty much exactly what you'd expect.

1381158866_zpsffa44e81.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'll have to see the back to fully judge that flag sweater. But I think Nike's insistence on shoulder numbers is only going to further crowd an already top-heavy look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The away jersey looks like an Umbro soccer template from a few years back. I think Lille wore it and maybe Canada. The home jersey is a decent idea, but there's way too much white in it to be practical.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Back of the home flag jersey should be only one color - red.

4a1684f62f5b11e385b022000a9f15de_8.jpg

But in this picture and in TV it looked like there will be blue stripe on the top of the jersey. And the right sleeve will be all white.

Fake laces detail:

MIH4e6434_IJSHOCKEYSHIRT_02_6.jpg

I'll have to see the back to fully judge that flag sweater. But I think Nike's insistence on shoulder numbers is only going to further crowd an already top-heavy look.

got it. no wonder the US is hiding our 2 gold medals inside the collar. (no clue how many we have in Women's or Para-Olympics)

I wouldn't trade the miracle on ice gold medal for all 12 of Canada's golds. No disrespect to Canada, they are the kings of hockey, but miracle on ice beats everything.

What is that 62 there for? Is it the players number? I was thinking it would be some sort of inspirational thing like Nike does with their soccer jerseys on the inside of the collar, maybe the year of an Olympic Gold. But 1962 was the year for the Summer Olympics....

What is that 62 there for? Is it the players number? I was thinking it would be some sort of inspirational thing like Nike does with their soccer jerseys on the inside of the collar, maybe the year of an Olympic Gold. But 1962 was the year for the Summer Olympics....

That's the jersey size.

Archived