2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

After 2 weeks, we won't see them anymore.

Yes we will. They'll be around until the next Olympics during the Worlds and World Juniors (and possibly the World Cup, if it actually makes a comeback, although I can see them making special jerseys for that, at least for the bigger teams).

Yup. I'm guessing Hockey Canada made sure that their logo could easily be inserted into the silhouette in the new Canadian jerseys. The silhouette shape matches Hockey Canada's logo perfectly.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1288617879962.jpg

I find it odd that Nike could not move the vertical stripe (on the white jersey) over a little so that it did not impede the collar stitching.

That's because the Nike logo is in the same position on all of the jerseys, and in this case they needed the vertical stripe to be centered properly. The collar stitching is just structural. There's nothing wrong with it the way it is.

Those Slovakia jerseys are terrible. They're the worst of these new nike unis, if for no other reason than they changed the team's (and nation's) actual color scheme just for the hell of it. It's bad enough that all US teams are in dark navy, but putting what should be a royal blue team in navy is terrible.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I love the creativity. To those complaining about the unorthadox approaches of certain teams, it's just the olympics. After 2 weeks, we won't see them anymore.

Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, sometimes.

Giving half the teams the same "coloured-yoke, sublimated shoulder logo, nothing below" template and making the other half of the jerseys literal adaptations of the flag isn't my definition of "creative".

These both suck arse.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

finland's blue jersey would be really nice if the shoulders were the same shade of blue as the rest of the sweater.

also, if the flag on the arm wasn't a flag, and just two white stripes.

Swiss jerseys leaked today. I don't know what we could have expected.

sl14djG.png

The red jersey and the stripe on the white have a printed cross pattern on them, too.

I don't see why Canada can't have stripes on both arms but the Swiss can. What the heck.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I'm not sure how I feel about the flat-ness that a lot of these jerseys seem to have. Maybe its the faux-collar or the lack of striping and such, but they just feel very 2D. There's no substance to them. I really don't like the finland white though. That doesn't work for me.

sl14djG.png

The red jersey and the stripe on the white have a printed cross pattern on them, too.

sl14djG.png

I don't see why Canada can't have stripes on both arms but the Swiss can. What the heck.

Is that the medics uniform?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived