2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

Here's Latvia's set. Boring, but still the best of the bunch so far:

2013-12-20_bartulis_2a.jpg

I played for the Brampton Excelsiors many moons ago, so I'm kinda partial to the maroon and white.

The sweaters are fine, but WTF is goin' on with those socks??

They don't look clever or 'cutting edge'. They just look stupid.

Nike's just gotta try something wanky with every uni, don't they?

Why?...

I love that Lion vs Griffin logo/coat of arms.

...Relatives of yours, GPO?

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ice Jerseys actually has the Sweden, Finland, Russia, USA, and Canada available, but word has it that's all that will be available from Nike in North America - no Slovak, Czech, Latvia, Slovenia, Austria

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/IIHF-Olympics-Sochi-2014-Shop-Store-Merchandise-Apparel-14120/

I was worried that might be the case when Switzerland came out with replicas right away. I suppose with the lack of many big stars from most of those countries and their relatively small populations (and in Slovenia and Austria's case, a general lack of interest in the sport), they can't justify the cost to produce them, as there would be little demand outside of immediate nationals, whereas I'm sure there will be a lot of non-Swedes picking up Sedin jerseys, non-Russians Ovechkins, etc. I hope in the future whatever deal the IIHF signs has some sort of stipulation that all countries be treated the same. I don't like having to settle for knock-offs or cheap sublimated replicas. It's not something fans of teams in major tournaments should have to deal with.

All of them are beautiful. A+ job by Nike!!

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I love Russia and Finland's whites. Very original.

Slovakia's sets are nice too.

Overall, they're all at least decent. I don't really get the hate either. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the shiny plastic designs on the shoulders.

I saw the new USA jersey at the local Dick's Sporting Goods. It is terrible with all of those sublimated stars.

I like the originality but as you say the sublimated stars are kitschy and unnecessary.

I probably shouldn't have read this thread before bedtime. Those uniforms are going to give me nightmares. And time hasn't dulled my utter hatred of the Canadian uniforms, and it's absolutely galling that I find them the worst of all the uniform designs...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Then I guess it gets filed in the unpopular opinion folder because I really like all of them.

I actually really like them all for the most part too, but I don't live in a hockey region and didn't grow up watching hockey aside from

Mighty ducks movies.

Well that might explain it. Some of these uniforms would've fit right in at the Jr Goodwill Games.

trinidad-d2.jpg

99usa1.jpg

Then I guess it gets filed in the unpopular opinion folder because I really like all of them.

I actually really like them all for the most part too, but I don't live in a hockey region and didn't grow up watching hockey aside from

Mighty ducks movies.

Well that might explain it. Some of these uniforms would've fit right in at the Jr Goodwill Games.

trinidad-d2.jpg

99usa1.jpg

The fact that Trinidad and Tobago challenged team USA in that movie is downright hilarious.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Mighty ducks movies.

trinidad-d2.jpg

99usa1.jpg

The fact that Trinidad and Tobago challenged team USA in that movie is downright hilarious.
Also, the "villain" unbeatable team was Iceland.

Mighty ducks movies.

trinidad-d2.jpg

99usa1.jpg

Also, the "villain" unbeatable team was Iceland.

I don't remember that game being a challenge for the US... :lol:

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived