2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

Swiss jerseys leaked today. I don't know what we could have expected.

sl14djG.png

The red jersey and the stripe on the white have a printed cross pattern on them, too.

I don't see why Canada can't have stripes on both arms but the Swiss can. What the heck.

That's probably my favorite set so far. That is NOT saying much.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't like the finland white though. That doesn't work for me.

For some reason that's about the only one of these I do like.

With that having been said god these Olympic jerseys are a load of cookie cutter, templated boring/ugly crap. Great job, Nike.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I sense some people are mistaking what is described in the post as a 'concept' designed by the poster as a genuine leak? #sighs#

Anyways I don't get the hatred for these Nike uniforms in general. Whoever wins gold will end up describing their uniform as a classic. There all simple, decent, pretty instantly obviously designed for the team that will be wearing them. I'm not saying they are brilliant but they do the job intended. Each team will be easily identified over a two week tournament.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I sense some people are mistaking what is described in the post as a 'concept' designed by the poster as a genuine leak? #sighs#

Anyways I don't get the hatred for these Nike uniforms in general. Whoever wins gold will end up describing their uniform as a classic. There all simple, decent, pretty instantly obviously designed for the team that will be wearing them. I'm not saying they are brilliant but they do the job intended. Each team will be easily identified over a two week tournament.

I didn't design that. That's been posted in a few different places as a design from the Slovenian Ice Hockey Feeration not long after they qualified for Sochi.

Don't blame me for that design. I wouldn't think of showing off something that ugly.

And about the "easily identified" part; when Slovakia/US and Canada/Switzerland are going to look almost exactly the same, that won't always be the case.

at least they are better than the jerseys in the EA NHL games...

those are all awful

The ONLY year they had the actual IIHF jerseys was NHL 2005 when they had the IIHF license for the World Cup of Hockey (the cover with Naslund on it)... Since then it's been the generic EA Sports crap. Why can't EA Sports get the IIHF licence? Are the IIHF being over protective of their product? I remember downloading add ons a few years ago for NHL08 for PC. I had all of the IIHF member countries on their at the time and their jerseys. It was fun playing New Zealand vs. Luxembourg at times.

at least they are better than the jerseys in the EA NHL games...

those are all awful

The ONLY year they had the actual IIHF jerseys was NHL 2005 when they had the IIHF license for the World Cup of Hockey (the cover with Naslund on it)... Since then it's been the generic EA Sports crap. Why can't EA Sports get the IIHF licence? Are the IIHF being over protective of their product? I remember downloading add ons a few years ago for NHL08 for PC. I had all of the IIHF member countries on their at the time and their jerseys. It was fun playing New Zealand vs. Luxembourg at times.

You know, this has always bugged me, why can't EA at least try to make something decent (see: not Finland in any NHL game) if not the same as their actual sweater? Is there something about turning a Leafs sweater red and calling it the team Canada sweater (different logo of course) or is that protected too.

Also EA does the same thing for FIFA, they usually have a world cup game every four years that has all the licensing and most of the kits correct, but on any given regular title game, they have around 50 nations and only about 20 legit kits, why go through that trouble every four years like in FIFA World Cup 2010; yet the teams still don't let you use them in say, FIFA 14?

Yeah, I don't demand IIHF accurate sweaters in the EA games (and judging from this latest round of unveilings I don't want to have them) but they can at least put a bit more effort into the off-brand designs they do use.

Yeah, I don't demand IIHF accurate sweaters in the EA games (and judging from this latest round of unveilings I don't want to have them) but they can at least put a bit more effort into the off-brand designs they do use.

Hey, we design sweaters; they have to design and code an entire game.

It should be easy to do better, and I'm sure a lot of us would be able to.

Archived