2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on the Swedish and Finnish uniforms?

The Finnish uniforms aren't ummm "finished" yet

/I'll show myself out

Goodnight ladies and gentlemen...

These Olympic uniforms are all DISASTERS. Why doesn't Canada just put stars for EVERY Olympic medal ever won? Sheesh.

Czech Republic? Disaster. USA? Terrible. They all look like something my grandma would have sewn together in the 1980's. It's an effing hockey jersey for crying out loud - keep it simple.

Can anyone explain how Nike got exclusive rights for all the Olympic hockey sweaters? Is it because they are an official Olympic sponsor, or did they negotiate separately with each country taking part? A little variation in manufacturer would be nice.

have we seen the name and numbers yet?

Gonna get me that black jersey though. Love me some Falcons tribute jerseys,

Me too. If I was forced to buy one of the three, I'd pick the alternate.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I think there's a really great design hidden under all the crap. Honestly would have been extremely happy with something like this.

n2osXM3.png

Remove the gold stars, those sublimated laces, and put the numbers in the place of the flags on the sleeves, and you've got a pretty nice look. Not great by any means, but miles ahead of the trash they sport now.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 weeks later...

I think the worst thing out of all of this is that authentic versions of these sublimated pieces of crap start at $425!!! If you've ever compared the replica to the authentic side by side, remarkably, the replicas seem way better made.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Outside of the lack of sleeve stripes, Sweden's effectively flipped deuces at Nike for the second time in three Winter Olympics. Keep up the good work, Swedes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived