2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of all the things I thought might happen in this game tonight, the Blue Jackets being up 4-1 on the Ducks with 4 minutes to go wasn't any of them. If they can hold on, this will be an excellent start to the west coast swing.

EDIT: Ducks just scored - as I said, if the Jackets can hold on.

BB52Big.jpg

I appreciate it from Columbus, but the Sharks just pissed away the lead against a beatable team, and have looked horrid since the start of the 2nd.

Ok, seriously, how did this team look pretty good against Chicago? (I didn't watch it, but putting up 39 shots seems good)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

the Sharks just pissed away the lead against a beatable team, and have looked horrid since the start of the 2nd.

The Flyers have 10 comeback wins this year when trailing in the 3rd. I stepped away when it was 2-1, I come back 5 minutes later and it's 4-2!

And Voracek puts it away! Philly's first win in San Jose since 1999 and their first win over the Sharks anywhere since 2000 (dance)

I appreciate it from Columbus, but the Sharks just pissed away the lead against a beatable team, and have looked horrid since the start of the 2nd.

Ok, seriously, how did this team look pretty good against Chicago? (I didn't watch it, but putting up 39 shots seems good)

Well, they played okay, but the same mistakes I've mentioned the last 3-4 losses that plague the team didn't hurt them as bad against Chicago as it did tonight against Philadelphia. California teams going through mega funks right now. As bad as the Sharks last 30 minutes was, Niemi can't let those goals happen. Defense wasn't helping any. The Sharks became predictable for, oh I don't know the last 9-10 games, and it cost them big tonight.

This reminds me of the Anaheim game last year were the Ducks routed the Sharks and the next day or two a couple of players were traded. Wonder if that might happen before Wednesday. I know people think trading Boyle is the answer - I disagree. He's helped this team too much to let him go now. He's got Stanley Cup experience that TMac values, but the supposed contract extension difficulty worries me a bit. I don't see Pavs going anywhere. I can see Irwin or Hannan being dealt, but they're not having horrible years from what I've seen.

So it's only one loss, but the way it happened isn't promising. Time to correct the errors and start adapting. Go Sharks!!

Same as the Minnesota loss. Same as the Dallas loss. Same as this Blue Jackets loss.

Ducks did not have the focus and effort. The game mattered more to Columbus and they had the focus and effort. Not to mention that Bobrovsky was phenomenal.

After winning 18 of 19, the Ducks have now lost 5 of 9. Every good team has that rough lull in their season, and this is the Ducks'. Hell, it happened in their previous "best season ever" in January of the 2007 Cup year. They're having trouble getting up for some of these games, and that's a problem when the other teams are in a position of having to get up for every game at this point in the season. They're gonna have to just dig themselves out of this, and no better place to start than with Chicago on Wednesday, I guess. If they can't get up for the Blackhawks, then they have actual issues.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So I'm looking at the standings and the Kings are at 66 points with the #3 seed in the Pacific. Vancouver and Phoenix have 63 and 62 points respectively, but the Canucks have played one game less and the Coyotes three games less than LA at this point. On top of that, Minnesota has 65 points, meaning that if they continue their winning ways, then only two of the three Pacific teams (LA, VAN, PHX) will get into the postseason.

Yep, the Kings have officially picked the worst time to go into a goose-maverick tailspin. This, two months after they were within striking distance of the Ducks (though they have been slumping, too).

The Ducks are a very scary team. When they pushed it to 4-2 with about three minutes left I tightened up and thought I was gonna see another meltdown.

They're definitely my pick to win it all right now.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Ducks are a very scary team. When they pushed it to 4-2 with about three minutes left I tightened up and thought I was gonna see another meltdown.

They're definitely my pick to win it all right now.

Yup. The Blue Jackets outplayed the Ducks but there was never any question that the Ducks were the better team. The Ducks have a gear that the Blue Jackets don't have.

BB52Big.jpg

What? No. Every division is guaranteed three playoff teams. Thanks, Bettman.

I think his point is that Minnesota would grab one of the wild card spots, rather than the Pacific getting both of them. (Note the lack of Anaheim and San Jose in his list.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived