2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dustin Brown: Worst Captain in the League.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As an unbiased observer, I don't think this hit was all that dirty, at least in terms of intentions.

The Columbus player is going to a knee before the hit, and Brown is leading the hit with his shoulder, not his elbow. Had he not taken a knee, this is a shoulder-to-shoulder (or shoulder-to-chest) hit. Certainly doesn't look like a head-hunting shot to me.

Somehow, Americans are supposed to be able to root for this guy next week.

Good luck with that.

He's a douche, but he's our (LA and USA) douche.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Sharks couldn't beat the Jackets at all last year and are having a brutal time scoring.

Remember the last time these guys played? That was the Lumbus time and one of the best played games of the year. The Jackets deserved to make it in, but oh well.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

As an unbiased observer, I don't think this hit was all that dirty, at least in terms of intentions.

The Columbus player is going to a knee before the hit, and Brown is leading the hit with his shoulder, not his elbow. Had he not taken a knee, this is a shoulder-to-shoulder (or shoulder-to-chest) hit. Certainly doesn't look like a head-hunting shot to me.

Except that the Jacket player was already heading down when Brown decided to lead with his shoulder. There was more than enough time to avoid the shoulder to head hit.

Except that the Jacket player was already heading down when Brown decided to lead with his shoulder. There was more than enough time to avoid the shoulder to head hit.

and he completely ignores the puck and his feet left the ice and once he initiated contact he continues to drive his shoulder and elbow into his head. Murray was defenseless and Brown had enough time to avoid a possible concussion inducing hit.

I hate that this guy is on Team USA (mostly because better players were left off because of him but also because of crap like this).

I know I have navy blue colored glasses on, but that hit was dirty and most hockey fans agree.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Sharks couldn't beat the Jackets at all last year and are having a brutal time scoring.

Remember the last time these guys played? That was the Lumbus time and one of the best played games of the year. The Jackets deserved to make it in, but oh well.

One of my favorite Blue Jackets games ever. The NHL made them play 6 of their last 7 on the road and they still won five of those six. Everybody's favorite 9th place team. Johansen played a monster game defensively and then scored that clutch goal with 90 seconds left. It was sort of like his arrival as a legit NHL center.

Last night was a very physical hockey game. I wouldn't be surprised if the Blue Jackets are a step behind tonight.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I can't help but root for Russia. Good luck to Bob, Arti, Tooter, and Niki.

I still can't believe Team USA snubbed so many good players. Two of them Jackets: JJ and Dubs, as well as Ben Bishop, that was pure stupidity.

What about this guy?:

article_38039_2.jpg

Easilly USA's best Defenceman, and you leave him off the team!

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Meh, Yandle is a slob in his own end. I mean, I'd take him over some little nothing like Justin Faulk, but he's not better than RYAN FREAKING SUTER, you ding-dong

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Dustin-Brown-hit-Blue-Jackets-The-Royal-

Dustin-Brown-hit-Blue-Jackets-alt-angle-

2 minutes. Go :censored: yourself Dustin Brown. You're a :censored:ing joke. And go :censored: yourself officials. You're a :censored:ing joke too.

I'm usually one of the first people to chastise a player for a hit to the head, but two minutes is plenty for that hit. If Murray didn't make the stupid decision to drop to one knee at the top of the slot right as Brown's coming in it would've been a clean shoulder-to-shoulder hit. Dustin Brown has made his mark in the league playing on the edge and I don't know how you Americans aren't excited to have him represent your country.

Archived