The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Oh and another thing:

Even when you buy an authentic from an official seller- you're still not getting a legit on-field jersey. They don't have the draw-string sleeves or anything like that. So you're kind of getting duped anyway in to thinking you're getting the real deal when you aren't.

Exactly. I have a hard time believing that an "authentic" is really worth the $300 price tag if it isn't even on the field. You can't tell me that a real player's jersey costs more. If so it would cost an astounding amount to dress a football team.

an on field uniform does cost a ton of $$$...considering they are typically domestically made with a ton of skilled of manual labor required...throw in reinforced materials and custom specs you get to several hundred dollars per uniform.

for the fan authentics there's different constraints that factor in...sure your costs of goods are lower due to overseas and more efficient construction with slightly lesser materials plus economies and scale may cause the total cost to be around $50-$75 cogs/unit the marketing costs and and % of revenue based on the contracts that must split proceeds between labels/players/leagues which drives the $300 price point.

Real p10893602p275w.jpgFake 201111175483887244.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The two people in front of me at the Bolts game tonight were wearing fakes.

Really bad ones. I pointed it out to my Dad, he had never noticed people jerseys that closely, but now he will haha.

The logos and fonts were just dreadful. I've seen semi-decent fakes, but these were some bad ones.

2ly2w09.jpg

I was at a flea market on Saturday, and used the opportunity to point out to my brother the differences between real and fake jerseys. Seeing them side-by-side was eye-opening for him.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Oh and another thing:

Even when you buy an authentic from an official seller- you're still not getting a legit on-field jersey. They don't have the draw-string sleeves or anything like that. So you're kind of getting duped anyway in to thinking you're getting the real deal when you aren't.

Exactly. I have a hard time believing that an "authentic" is really worth the $300 price tag if it isn't even on the field. You can't tell me that a real player's jersey costs more. If so it would cost an astounding amount to dress a football team.

If you don't feel the $300 price tag is worth it, then don't buy a jersey. It's that simple. You're not entitled to jerseys at a lower cost. They're luxury items. If you can't afford them or don't want to pay the price they go for then you don't get them.

I have a Tebow jersey coming in I got off of DH Gate. I only considered ones that had pictures of the actual jersey instead of the picture from NFLShop. I think I picked out one that looks pretty good, but we'll see for sure when I get it in. I will post pictures.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

Interesting comment from nfl.com.

===

Comments about NFL Sideline Reebok New Orleans Saints Customized Authentic Alternate Jersey (48-56):

A number on back of the jersey has bubbles in it. Since this is a custom order I cannot return it for a refund. I will never buy anything custom from NFL Shop again. I have seen better quality knockoff jerseys at the Flea Market for $50.

===

Just sayin'...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I thought this looked really good.

Barry Sander Oklahoma State Jersey

Especially without the space between Oklahoma and State.

One big thing you have to be careful about is pictures taken of an authentic jersey used to sell counterefeit products. How hard would it be to buy an authentic jersey for your pictures to sell more product only to ship out the counterfeits?

I see this all the time, which makes buying jerseys a challenge sometimes.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

I thought this looked really good.

Barry Sander Oklahoma State Jersey

Especially without the space between Oklahoma and State.

One big thing you have to be careful about is pictures taken of an authentic jersey used to sell counterefeit products. How hard would it be to buy an authentic jersey for your pictures to sell more product only to ship out the counterfeits?

I see this all the time, which makes buying jerseys a challenge sometimes.

haha good thing Oklahomastate exists

spacer.png

spacer.png

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/11/28/us-seizes-websites-accused-of-selling-fake-goods

WASHINGTON - Some 150 websites allegedly selling counterfeit goods including shoes, purses, sunglasses and sports jerseys have been seized, U.S. authorities said Monday, coinciding with the Cyber Monday holiday shopping day.

U.S. authorities in the past few days slapped notices on the seized websites, including www.pumaoutlets.net, www.myjerseyshop.com, www.uggbootsclearanceoutletstores.com, in a bid to thwart sales of the counterfeit goods.

However, authorities say they face difficulties prosecuting the sellers of the fake goods because they are typically overseas, predominantly in China. ...

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/11/28/us-seizes-websites-accused-of-selling-fake-goods

WASHINGTON - Some 150 websites allegedly selling counterfeit goods including shoes, purses, sunglasses and sports jerseys have been seized, U.S. authorities said Monday, coinciding with the Cyber Monday holiday shopping day.

U.S. authorities in the past few days slapped notices on the seized websites, including www.pumaoutlets.net, www.myjerseyshop.com, www.uggbootsclearanceoutletstores.com, in a bid to thwart sales of the counterfeit goods.

However, authorities say they face difficulties prosecuting the sellers of the fake goods because they are typically overseas, predominantly in China. ...

good to hear! hope they keep em coming!

spacer.png

spacer.png

How many guys have purchased fakes, said they would post pictures and then never did. I think the lack of pictures is pretty telling of the quality. People have NO excuse to knowingly buy fakes, especially with sales like the recent $100 M&N sale.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

How many guys have purchased fakes, said they would post pictures and then never did. I think the lack of pictures is pretty telling of the quality. People have NO excuse to knowingly buy fakes, especially with sales like the recent $100 M&N sale.

I promised that I would post pictures, but I've had problems because I don't have a very good camera. I bought a Seattle Sonics Kevin Durant Swingman green road jersey for $28, and I was actually happy with what I got. There is one error which is so bad that it's comical, (which hopefully you'll see soon in this thread when I can get pics up) but for $28 I'll take it.

I'll try to post pictures as soon as I can, I promise.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png