The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

just got it . thank you . it's awesome and i'm ready for my second order now .thy promise to ship by dhl this time

Thanks for the update, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say how concern I was that you'd get your package.

I really wish they would seize more packages. From what I understand, they go after the bulk stuff more, but if they can manage to stop more of the smaller ones coming in than I can only assume it'd be slightly crippling for some of these sites.

Any idea how large the counterfeit market actually is?

acturally .buying counterfeits seems not illegal . but for some real poor fans .10 jerseys buying at 30 bucks for all of their family is better than one authentic one with hundreds of dolloars

Wrong. If that family cannot afford the jerseys, then they can't afford them. They are by no means entitled to own a jersey of their favorite team. It's a luxury item.

The Dodge Viper is my favorite car. I have been enamored with them ever since they came out. But I will never own one.

just got it . thank you . it's awesome and i'm ready for my second order now .thy promise to ship by dhl this time

Thanks for the update, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say how concern I was that you'd get your package.

I really wish they would seize more packages. From what I understand, they go after the bulk stuff more, but if they can manage to stop more of the smaller ones coming in than I can only assume it'd be slightly crippling for some of these sites.

acturally .buying counterfeits seems not illegal . but for some real poor fans .10 jerseys buying at 30 bucks for all of their family is better than one authentic one with hundreds of dolloars

Wrong. If that family cannot afford the jerseys, then they can't afford them. They are by no means entitled to own a jersey of their favorite team. It's a luxury item.

The Dodge Viper is my favorite car. I have been enamored with them ever since they came out. But I will never own one.

dodge viper? what?!

spacer.png

dodge viper? what?!

Are you questioning my taste in cars or its inclusion in the thread? I was like 8 when it first came out... it had that random "slash" on the side to make it look cool... I dunno. That was a good enough reason for little me. I really really wanted it, but I am probably never going to have the money to buy one. Just because I like something doesn't mean I "deserve" to own it. Like someone who can't afford their favorite teams' jerseys. They should settle for a hat or a t-shirt, like I had to settle for my Viper book cover for my Math book.

If I walk into the grocery store and steal a cart of food for my real poor family, it's steal illegal no matter how poor my family is and how hungry they are. The police aren't going to let me just waltz on home.

That's okay, you can buy a knockoff for half the price! :P

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

That's okay, you can buy a knockoff for half the price! :P

If you get a speeding ticket with one of those, do they cancel each other out?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If I walk into the grocery store and steal a cart of food for my real poor family, it's steal illegal no matter how poor my family is and how hungry they are. The police aren't going to let me just waltz on home.

ok . you win

What exactly is the main factor in driving up the price of the legit product? I'm assuming it is the licensing with the player and league right? If the counterfeiters have proven on thing, the actual production (at least when it comes to replicas, as they are the closest in quality to the counterfeiters "authentics") does not make up the largest portion of the cost.

70389454.png

There's that and the fact that demand is high enough for them to charge that high of a price. Their production costs are also going to be higher than a counterfeiter that is using lower quality materials and possibly not adhering to labor laws.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

If they found that they could sell more at a lower price and exceed the amount they're making right now at the high price, obviously they would do so. If basic economic principles apply here they are charging the best price to net them the highest profit. Meaning, we won't see them drop because of the increase in counterfeit purchases, unless of course there was a severe decline in people purchasing the legit jerseys

let's talk about te'o jerseys for a second. there are plenty of fakes, most notably the shamrock series alternates, going for $100-$150 on ebay right now. which is both sad and INSANE.

my most recent ND jersey was brady quinn (which was perfect for me, because #10 has always been my sports number and i love the irish) and i've wanted a te'o jersey for years. so instead of buying a fake, i started a DIY project. been working on it between real life obligations. should be done with it in a week (which would make the project total 2 week's time). much more fulfilling and a whole lot less money than the garbage on ebay (should wrap up the whole thing for about $50: less than a screen-printed replica).

point is: even if you have shallow pockets, there are ways to get what you want without supporting douchey counterfeiters.

sig2024.png

Well right away it looks terrible. As advertised, isn't the captain patch suppose to be on the left side?

It's normally on that side, but was on the left side with those special jerseys. The Adidas logo was on the right side, not above the wordmark. And that C isn't the same one that was used on those jerseys (or their normal homes).

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg