The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Here's my jersey review.

!

That seems very, very accurate, to the point where I wonder if Nike's getting ripped off in-house at one of their overseas factories. I know the Steelers' sleeve stripes used to be a sewn-in insert - anyone know if that's carried over to the Nike overhaul?

Im pretty sure it is. Along with Detroit.

It is. I have. Friend with a Reebok authentic Steelers jersey, and it had the same sleeve inserts as mine.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Just out of curiosity, does everyone here that mercilessly flames people for saving money and getting jerseys on eBay, etc, all pay for all the music they listen to?

I'm aware it's a bit different.

Well, buying a fake jersey is less like downloading and MP3 and more like holding a tape recorder to the radio.

I will never flame someone for buying a jersey second hand. The licencing fees (which lets face it, is the real cost-factor) for MLB/NFL jerseys prices them out of any semblance of a reasonable price range. Besides, I'd rather buy an actual jersey from the Marlins 1993 season on eBay than hope that M&N or Majestic will eventually make a throwback (and probably botch, it too).

There's a line between buying smart and buying knock-offs.

Just out of curiosity, does everyone here that mercilessly flames people for saving money and getting jerseys on eBay, etc, all pay for all the music they listen to?

Well, buying a fake jersey is less like downloading and MP3 and more like holding a tape recorder to the radio.

I will never flame someone for buying a jersey second hand. The licencing fees (which lets face it, is the real cost-factor) for MLB/NFL jerseys prices them out of any semblance of a reasonable price range. Besides, I'd rather buy an actual jersey from the Marlins 1993 season on eBay than hope that M&N or Majestic will eventually make a throwback (and probably botch, it too).

Exactly. I only download from iTunes, but at least I understand downloading music illegally. It is illegal, but at least you are getting the same exact product you would get if you paid for it instead of stealing. However, that is not the case with fake jerseys because you are getting a terrible replication of the good instead of the actual good. It would be like downloading "Crazy Train" and then realizing it was William Hung singing instead of Ozzy Osbourne.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Holding a tape recorder to the radio is like buying fabric and sewing your own jersey: making your own product from the raw materials. I think the illegal download to jersey comparison is pretty apt. The only difference is that a digital file can be nearly identical to the real thing. Does the quality of the fake really make it right or wrong?

Holding a tape recorder to the radio is like buying fabric and sewing your own jersey: making your own product from the raw materials. I think the illegal download to jersey comparison is pretty apt. The only difference is that a digital file can be nearly identical to the real thing. Does the quality of the fake really make it right or wrong?

I would say that building your own jersey is more like recording your own version of the song so you don't have to buy it

Question for the group....Which aspect is it that most of you frown upon when it comes to counterfeits? Is it the intent to make a dollar off of them? Or just the act of creating something using someone else's work?

I ask because I'm just curious to see where the DIY'ers rank in your minds. And I mean the DIY'ers who create their stuff for their own use....Not to sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Recently won a raffle here at my local church. Prize ended up being a Cowboys Ware jersey. Guy insist it is real, I have my doubts. Didn't fit so I figure I post it on ebay and donate back whatever I get for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dallas-Cowboys-Demarcus-Ware-Jersey-44-LG-NWT-/150979412082?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item2327130072

It's my auction, so please let me know. If its determine not real, i'll take auction down. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my $0.02. I am a big soccer supporter, and soccer clubs in Europe change their uniforms every year. So why spend $120 every year to buy a new jersey, when I can just buy a fake from China or Malaysia for $30? And yes, there are some glitches, and errors on the jersey, but whatever.

I bought a Wayne Rooney jersey on Ebay last October for $25.00. It was from a Florida buyer, the sizing is in Chinese and all. I couldn't personally tell the difference between it and a real one, other than the tag which was inside the jersey. So it was made really good, but ebay has some pretty cheap jersey's for all sports, so check their too.

2xkgg8fsj5zgywdhx5in779ed.gifpfiobtreaq7j0pzvadktsc6jv.gif2m7tz2iv8wjusqs6ob11nznri.giftlxz9higxwygaehl0j5h.gif1305.gifManchester-United-icon.png