The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

223561_338727162910453_1332116647_n.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Jesus, look at what FansEdge is selling for $500.

From what I've read about Modano (and his tweets) if you see a fake with his signature, the signature is a fake too (Same for Gretzky).

Apparently, athletes are being educated on how to spot fakes and are being told the financial ramifications about signing them.

LOL and what are those ramifications ? nothing will happen to anyone about anything

Jesus, look at what FansEdge is selling for $500.

From what I've read about Modano (and his tweets) if you see a fake with his signature, the signature is a fake too (Same for Gretzky).

Apparently, athletes are being educated on how to spot fakes and are being told the financial ramifications about signing them.

LOL and what are those ramifications ? nothing will happen to anyone about anything

They don't get paid their royalties on non-licensed products

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Seems legit

NEWAnaheimDucks15RyanGetzlafPremierblackJersey_zps61397253.jpg

Nope!

The striping is way off, the name and number is way too big and even from that crappy pick you can see that its not the proper twill material on the wavy back numbers. Also, the fonts are off.

Here is a real one for comparison:

$(KGrHqV,!osE63YP1ugDBO-gR8yzfw~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!joE6+4,o7TgBO-gR-m7EQ~~60_3.JPG

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I went to the Blackhawks game Tuesday night and I'd say the number of counterfeit jerseys was about 75 percent that of the real thing. After picking out about the 20th fake, my brother told me to cut it out.

People just don't know the damn difference. Or if they do they just don't care.

And the thing is, the fakes are so obviously crappy. Well, at least to us.

I saw a guy walking around my school wearing a Penguins Crosby jersey. The yellow on the arm was a different shade then the yellow on the sides. How do people not notice this crap?

They notice. But they obviously don't care.

My biggest issue is when people use the excuse "well players move around so much these days I can't justify forking over $150 (replica) for a player who won't be here next year." That may be true, but that is why they sell blanks...and there are deals to be had on those! On amazon I got a premier CBJ third jersey for $60 and a premier CBJ away jersey for $40 during the lockout. They are both old stock with the old Reebok symbol, but are straight from Reebok and legit.

And it wasn't just because of the lockout, two days ago Winnipeg Jets premiers were on sale on amazon for $60.

70389454.png

I saw a guy walking around my school wearing a Penguins Crosby jersey. The yellow on the arm was a different shade then the yellow on the sides. How do people not notice this crap?

They notice. But they obviously don't care.

My biggest issue is when people use the excuse "well players move around so much these days I can't justify forking over $150 (replica) for a player who won't be here next year." That may be true, but that is why they sell blanks...and there are deals to be had on those! On amazon I got a premier CBJ third jersey for $60 and a premier CBJ away jersey for $40 during the lockout. They are both old stock with the old Reebok symbol, but are straight from Reebok and legit.

And it wasn't just because of the lockout, two days ago Winnipeg Jets premiers were on sale on amazon for $60.

I just bought a BNWT Wayne Simmonds home black Kings jersey on ebay for $10! I indend to spend 20 minutes on it with a thread ripper and have a jersey identical to the ones sold at NHL.com.

It is very easy to get a jersey (legally) on the cheap.

I did the same thing with a Carter Flyers jersey and easily turned a Carter Jackets jersey into a Jack Johnson jersey.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Looks like some enterprising soul is aiming to make money off of a CCSLC concept again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-Sabres-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-S3-Case-Cover-/120984256898

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

When on ebay, I always seem to buy with confidence when they jersey is a Reebok premier jersey, as the fakes are usually passed off as authentic. I see the jock tag and immediately assume it is legit.

However, has there ever been reported cases of counterfeiters producing fake replicas? If they can make all of the tags, it wouldn't be hard for them to slap a jock tag on and make it look like a legit premier jersey.

70389454.png

Quick question: Is there a chance of someone making counterfeit blank premier NHL jerseys? I ordered a blank premier BOLTS jersey from eBay a while back, when it came in I compared it to my premier BOLTS Lecavalier jersey (which I know is legit). Everything seemed to be exactly the same (that is everything looked and felt the same), but the "Tampa Bay" script on the back tail end wasn't as crisp and well-defined as the script on the Lecavalier jersey. In the counterfeit BOLTS jerseys I've seen, the script is all condensed and mushed together, but that's not the case here. From a distance the two scripts look exactly the same, I only notice the difference up close. And again, aside from that, EVERYTHING looks and feels exactly the same between the two jerseys.

And though it was cheaper than retail, it definitely wasn't the same price that 99% of counterfeits usually sell for. The logo on the back collar is the Reebok logo, not the Reebok name, so I just chalked the reduced price up to it being an older jersey.

I also can't believe I'm asking this. As someone who wrote a 26-page law school paper ranting about counterfeit jerseys, you'd think I'd know better...