Oklahoma City USL name/badge candidates

mfoster

Really like the 46ers badge but the name is meh. The Spirit badge and name are great hopefully they go with that.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Oklahoma City 46ers FC - This badge draws inspiration from the first Oklahoma State Flag, adopted in 1911. Said standard featured a White Star, outlined in Royal Blue, centered on a Red Field. Inside the star, rendered in Royal Blue and representing the fact that Oklahoma was the 46th state admitted to the union, was the number "46". This explains this particular team name. The arrowhead containment shape of the badge is obviously a nod to Oklahoma's Native American population, the largest of any U.S. state.

Oklahoma City Energy FC - I believe this badge is meant to subtly pay homage to a number of important Oklahoma state symbols. The Green elements could be said to stylistically represent the Osage warrior's shield that is prominently displayed on the current Oklahoma State Flag, with the circular element representing the main body of the shield and the five vertical lines symbolizing the seven eagle feathers hanging from the shield's lower edge. Additionally, the star-in-circle portion of the badge's Green elements calls to mind the Great Seal of the State of Oklahoma. Said seal features the motto, "Labor Omnia Vincit", which also figures in this badge. Finally, the Green elements of the badge, taken in their entirety, are evocative of a dreamcatcher, which would be a nod to Oklahoma's Native American heritage. The team name obviously references the important role that energy production plays in the state's overall economy.

Oklahoma City Flyers FC - The most conspicuous element of this badge is the bird, which is a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher - the official Oklahoma state bird.

Personally, I think a combination of the Energy badge design with the Oklahoma City FC Spirit name and either the 46ers or Flyers colors would make for a dynamite identity.

It's worth noting that, well, this is the team that likely won't ever exist, so...

Too true. Still, you have to give them credit for commissioning the design of possible badges that are attractive and exhibit attention to local history, culture, industry, and fauna.

Oh, and there's the Oklahoma City FC Wind badge, as well. :P

On a more serious note, Prodigal Soccer is the same ownership group that trademarked Tulsa Roughnecks FC back on September 19, 2013. Might the principals in said group already be preparing a relocation of their USL Pro franchise to Oklahoma's second-largest city?

I actually kinda like the look of the Wind badge... but, oh, that name is putrid. I also think there's potential in that abstract bird from the Spirit name. Flyers seems like the least stupid name of the bunch.

Seems like a really strange idea to have such disparate color sets for each logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

On a more serious note, Prodigal Soccer is the same ownership group that trademarked Tulsa Roughnecks FC back on September 19, 2013. Might the principals in said group already be preparing a relocation of their USL Pro franchise to Oklahoma's second-largest city?

I wonder if it may have more to do with trying to lock up a historical name so that a rival operation (Sold Out Strategies/Brad Lund) can't get to it.

I wonder if it may have more to do with trying to lock up a historical name so that a rival operation (Sold Out Strategies/Brad Lund) can't get to it.

I wouldn't doubt that option, either.

Archived