2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Barcelona wearing yellow against PSG?

Navy and maroon stripes against navy with red stripe? No idea why they'd need a clash kit. ;)

Barca was the away team. I think their orange away or their yellow Catalan kits would have accomplished the need to clash. Today's bright yellow kits didn't look like Barca and looked all too much their league rival Xerez.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

For some reason I was thinking of the yellow/red striped kit. Yes, Nike is going with the bright front/darker back look for their big clubs this year.

The yellow/red Catalan jersey with red shorts would have worked.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I really dislike Ireland's shirt sponsor. It makes everyone on the pitch is number 3. Nice looking kit though, Is that navy blue?

They dont use the sponsored kit on the pitch at international level I dont think. So they would not all be number 3's

glory10.png

And it's a reason I've never purchased an Ireland shirt, despite my heritage and extreme want for one.

The "3" is so stupid. It's a dumb shirt sponsor. Its a dumb corporate logo. It's dumb.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And it's a reason I've never purchased an Ireland shirt, despite my heritage and extreme want for one.

The "3" is so stupid. It's a dumb shirt sponsor. Its a dumb corporate logo. It's dumb.

I have the green one. I'll admit it's a pretty dumb logo but I still couldn't pass it up.

For some reason I was thinking of the yellow/red striped kit. Yes, Nike is going with the bright front/darker back look for their big clubs this year.

The yellow/red Catalan jersey with red shorts would have worked.

I'd presume that Barça declared the home shirt, that neon one, and the orangeish one as the three shirts for UCL competition so it's unlikely they could wear the Catalan-inspired shirt. Which is a shame considering it's one of the most beautiful shirts ever.

6fQjS3M.png

Is the shirt sponsor not seen on the pitch for friendlies though?

Who does that? Every team I've ever seen wears exactly the same shirts in friendlies as they do in league play.

I think we're still talking Ireland and no, friendlies are still FIFA-sanctioned so the same no sponsor rules apply.

6fQjS3M.png

Chicago Fire's contest-winning third kit goes on sale October 1 per https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/515535765506629632, I'm assuming it will finally be worn after that.

Pretty odd mashup -- a 2014 kit with a 2013 template and 2015 MLS logos.

ByeNC70IAAAteJh.jpg

A top-to-bottom, side-to-side atrocity. A glorious middle finger to every supporter clamoring for a flag kit for nearly a decade. The MLS logo as a centered fifth star in the city flag really is the capper.

I'd say that I could draw something better, but we all know by now that nobody draws like the Fire do.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived