2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

West Ham is goiing to Umbro on a 5 year deal after their deal with Adidas is finished, I really hope they can keep producing next year as well (Umbro, that is.)

So is adidas switching focus to Chelsea and United instead of taking all of London? I hope Southampton picks someone else to do their unis since adidas bungled it this year. I did notice they still have adidas adverts on the adboards.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Ham is goiing to Umbro on a 5 year deal after their deal with Adidas is finished, I really hope they can keep producing next year as well (Umbro, that is.)

So is adidas switching focus to Chelsea and United instead of taking all of London? I hope Southampton picks someone else to do their unis since adidas bungled it this year. I did notice they still have adidas adverts on the adboards.
I hope Southampton picks nobody next year since they did a really good job of supplying their own kit this year.

I hope that's only the working name. Maybe it works in Toronto, but I think it's a big mistake to go generic when you have to complete with a well-defined, unique brand in the same city. At least the "City" in NYCFC serves as a branding piece in New York.

I feel like the name would be better changed but I do like LAFC too. And the colors are great- Gothamite previously mentioned that it's a unique look for the west coast.
Also their website may be showing locations that they're considering: http://lafc.com/#Location

They have a lot of areas earmarked it would seem: downtown, Gardena, West Hollywood, et al, but what I found interesting was the numerous teams in East/South LA, particularly near Anaheim and Orange County.
What I can gather, however, is that fans are going to participate heavily- choosing a logo, picking the location, everything it seems. Maybe even the name if they want to.
Well, who knows? Maybe they'll be better than their predecessor, but that won't be a terribly hard feat.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived