WWE Logos Thread

Old School Fool

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC, the WCW Television Championship was just a way to give technical-wrestling heels some cheap heat, because they could get smacked around and make the fans happy, then keep the belt on a ten-minute draw and do it again next week. I think Steven Regal did this for a year.

Oh, and I really like the idea of the Sharks being a continuation of the original Seals/Barons franchise. The Sharks should declare themselves conference co-champions for 1981 and 1991; it's not like they don't already award themselves banners for no reason.

I will always explain it this way, because whether the NHL likes it or not Minnesota merged with Cleveland and then unmerged and moved back to the bay area where they began! San Jose is a "next six" franchise!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I still believe the classic bold WCW logo is the best company logo in wrestling history.

What they changed it to was an absolute monstrosity and while the one used during the invasion was better, it was still nowhere near as good as the classic one.

Agreed and ill bet you anything that if WCW was still in business the classic WCW logo would've been back!

https://twitter.com/BigELangston/status/431625908303454209/photo/1

Bf1xegOIcAAUnRQ.jpg

Logo is now on the shirts. My guess is that the change will be official after Mania or even elimination chamber.

I imagine after WM31 since Elimination Chamber still uses the old scratch.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd guess the raw after elimination chamber will be when its first used in the corner of the screen, since that's when the network debuts.

The turnbuckle pads will be months from now if its like in late97/98 when they changed logo's.

Yeah, I imagine it will be a slow burn because they will have to change all materials and that could take up to a year because WWE has alot of stuff.

The block logo was still in use back in 1998 despite the scratch logo being prominent, they were still carrying over.

bSLCtu2.png

I hope WWE considers redesigning every title belt with the new logo on them. IMO the Intercontinental title's main plate needs to be resize to that of the classic belt from the 80s and earl-to-mid 90s. Every other title could use a complete overhaul of their appearance. Although I do like the round circle plates used for the tag titles.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I hope WWE considers redesigning every title belt with the new logo on them. IMO the Intercontinental title's main plate needs to be resize to that of the classic belt from the 80s and earl-to-mid 90s. Every other title could use a complete overhaul of their appearance. Although I do like the round circle plates used for the tag titles.

Some belts didn't get the scratch logo until 1999, almost 2 years after the wwf introduced the logo.

The only time they changed everything pretty quickly was when they became wwe because they lost a lawsuit and was forced to change.

The WWE Championship from the Attitude Era actually had blue leather in it's first incarnation.

FfnvGx5.jpg

I can't find good pictures, but in 1998 the Intercontinental Championship had purple leather and I think the European Championship had green. I'm not sure how long it lasted, but I know that by maybe 2000 all the belts went back to traditional black leather and had the scratch logo.

bSLCtu2.png

The New Generation logo, as much flack as it gets here, is my favourite of the WWWF/WWF/WWE logos. The 80s Hulkamania version was great for the time, but the gradient really dated it. The New Generation version was bold, simple, and recognizable. Something like that would be my choice going forward. The Network logo's an improvement over the scratch logo because the scratch logo's been long overdue for a retirement, but the Network logo doesn't seem particularly strong on its own.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived