WWE Logos Thread

Old School Fool

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dislike the new logo every time I see it. The points on the W look like a person raising their arms at an angle. It's just very childish.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The WWE logo looks awful with the cheap black rounded stroke. Bad. Cheap.

It's still an upgrade over the dated scratch, though.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Now it kind of looks like WWW - white W, black W, white W.

That's all I see now. Thanks, haha.

I really wish they had used this as a chance to get the "E" into the new logo.

It is, its just rotated 90degrees counter clockwise and is in between the 2 "w" in white haha :P

So I always wondered who did the original WWF logo, seems like I found an answer.

Brian Penry, Im guessing he designed most of their logo's in the 80s cause his name appears in the credits for the logo design if saturday night's main event. What a genius on just the wwf, wrestlemania logo alone.

Logopop_wrestlemania_03.jpg

http://www.penrycreative.com/logos/logopopups/Logopop_wrestlemania.html

The WWE Network was first announced in 2012. The new logo was also shown for the first time in 2012. Is it possible WWE has been holding on to a new(er) Championship belt for the last 2+ years while they figured out what would become of the network? Keep in minds reports of a belt that would succeed the spinner being made came out way before the current belt was actually debuted.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Maybe that's why they introduced it as the Network-only logo. To test it out, and to let people get used to it first.

Now that I've seen the 2K15 version of it, it's growing on me. The scratch logo always was a good logo that worked, but for it's time only. This one works for the current times.

Just hope the next title belt doesn't go all BIG LOGO like the current belt and the spinner did. Part of me thinks we won't see a more tradition styled WWE title belt until Vince McMahon is no longer running things.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Per reddit:

My sources (same as Chris Brousarrd's) say that WWE has a hard date set for the switch over to the new WWE network logo.

Part of that was a hard deadline to have ALL new belts ready for after SummerSlam in August.

Some of you might have noticed that the NXT belts were replaced with new versions featuring the new logo prior to WrestleMania.

The current WWE belts, some of which are are in very poor condition(IC) are in the process of being updated as we speak. This is not just a few belts. This includes numerous sets. WWE keeps 1 set for HD tapings, and sometimes 2 other sets on hand for travel and photo shoots.

As to when they will debut on TV is unknown, but they are coming.

I suspect this is also why WWEShop has been having huge discounts on their current stock of replica belts over the last month or so. The company in China that makes the replica belts usually is informed ahead of time when new belts will be coming in for them to replicate. Judging from the past, I wouldn't be surprised to see the new replicas available by Black Friday and the holiday shopping season.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just hope the next title belt doesn't go all BIG LOGO like the current belt and the spinner did. Part of me thinks we won't see a more tradition styled WWE title belt until Vince McMahon is no longer running things.

I'm 99% sure that WWE is just going to swap the scratch logo out for the Network logo and that's it. They've already established the current design and have made replicas, merchandise and all of that stuff with it.

bSLCtu2.png

Per reddit:

My sources (same as Chris Brousarrd's) say that WWE has a hard date set for the switch over to the new WWE network logo.

Part of that was a hard deadline to have ALL new belts ready for after SummerSlam in August.

Some of you might have noticed that the NXT belts were replaced with new versions featuring the new logo prior to WrestleMania.

The current WWE belts, some of which are are in very poor condition(IC) are in the process of being updated as we speak. This is not just a few belts. This includes numerous sets. WWE keeps 1 set for HD tapings, and sometimes 2 other sets on hand for travel and photo shoots.

I suspect this is also why WWEShop has been having huge discounts on their current stock of replica belts over the last month or so. The company in China that makes the replica belts usually is informed ahead of time when new belts will be coming in for them to replicate. Judging from the past, I wouldn't be surprised to see the new replicas available by Black Friday and the holiday shopping season.

China eh? I'll be there in the spring, maybe I can get one one the cheap?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Per reddit:

China eh? I'll be there in the spring, maybe I can get one one the cheap?

You can also get fake everything for 1/10 the price.

Archived