College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Georgia with silver pants = wannabe Ohio State. Period. They already basically share the same pants as it is, why copy it even more.

Not exactly. Georgia & Ohio State have their own distinct striping on their pants. And I wouldn't say their wannabes, it just means that silver pants works for both teams.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia with silver pants = wannabe Ohio State. Period. They already basically share the same pants as it is, why copy it even more.

Other than color schemes, they are not even close.

spacer.png

Not exactly. Georgia & Ohio State have their own distinct striping on their pants. And I wouldn't say their wannabes, it just means that silver pants works for both teams.

On top of that tOSU (unfortunately) doesn't have shiny silver pants anymore either. So, if UGa brought back the silver, they'd actually look less like Ohio State. (Not that they need to... you'd have to be blind to confuse them.)

Really? How long have you been watching college football? Other than color schemes, they are not even close.

According to your profile, longer than you've been alive.

You can't tell me these 2 pants don't look similar.

6602222.jpg

ohio-state-red.jpg

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Really? How long have you been watching college football? Other than color schemes, they are not even close.

Probably longer than you've been alive.

6602222.jpg

130507182752-ohio-state-top1-single-imag

Nobody is mistaking OSU for UGA, if you are you don't watch football or have some other issues.

6602222.jpg

ohio-state-red.jpg

Black-white-red stripes on the grey pants for Georgia looks nothing like the black-white-red-white-black stripes on the grey pants of OSU.

Even an average fan can tell the difference between these two uniforms. Besides I believe the red helmet with a logo and the red jersey stands far apart from the silver logo-less helmet and scarlet jersey.

spacer.png

6602222.jpg

ohio-state-red.jpg

These 2 pants don't look similar.

Both of you (Silent Wave and Tracy MidGrady) need to knock it off.

There is very little similarity to tOSU and UGA's pants. Yes, they have similar base colors and both utilize red black and white stripes, but tOSU uses five narrow stripes in a symmetric fashion and UGA uses three wider stripes in an asymmetrical fashion. There is little risk of confusion to anyone who is familiar with both programs and their livery.

Nonetheless, there's absolutely no need whatsoever to question how long someone's been watching the game or to consider one who has not spent a lot of time watching the game to somehow possess diminished perception abilities.

Screen+Shot+2014-07-24+at+12.52.38+PM.pn

those stripes on ucla's uniform need to go on the side since that's the best they can do on the shoulders.

I know traditionalist hate this logo, but the only negative thing I will say about it is that I wish it was bigger.

spacer.png

those stripes on ucla's uniform need to go on the side since that's the best they can do on the shoulders.

I know traditionalist hate this logo, but the only negative thing I will say about it is that I wish it was bigger.

I have to disagree. To me the smaller size makes it look more old school, fitting in with the slash mark end zones. And it doesn't draw a ton of attention to itself, which I like.

I have to disagree. To me the smaller size makes it look more old school, fitting in with the slash mark end zones. And it doesn't draw a ton of attention to itself, which I like.

Too bad since it's field turf it's one big fake field so achieving any old school look is for naught. They should have just made the turf a solid kelly green and put a repeating shamrock pattern in the end zone.

Archived