College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adidas, please go away

10497943_10154403502210249_515826391632010350340_10154403502635249_6684221940597

10482592_10154403501945249_562707926369610428269_10154403502260249_5601260352400

Sad part is, it's just a few minor tweaks (solid striping and a pants stripe) from being ok.

And not being BFBS

I don't like the design but does it look to anyone else like Adidas made a slight effort to extend the length of the shoulder stripes? I know that has been a gripe about their work in the past and it seems like these new special jerseys have stripes which extend past seam on the edge of diamond plated/pixelated houndstooth/"new hotness" should yolk, unlike last year's effort (see below). If that is the case then I hope that they will apply this to any other schools they have left in their inventory that have similar striping patterns that have been truncated due to the template cut in the past...

ucla3.jpg

ucla-l-a-midnight-uniforms-5.jpg?w=1000&

Looks like LSU IS making the switch on its helmet decal this year. The excerpt below is reportedly from the football media guide:

2450jli.png

And can be seen in this image from a promotional photo shoot:

BsnDuglIUAEfCcy.jpg

Now if we could make the helmet purple lighter to match the jersey and pants, fix the pant striping to match the helmet & jersey, and go with a better font on the helmet, I think the uni would be perfect.

So glad this change is taking place. GeauxColonels, I'm not sure if you ever go over to TigerDroppings but I'm interested to see what they're saying over there since the negativity usually comes out in full force.

The logo is obviously not the best logo, not even close, but as already has been pointed out, it's a good modernization to keep a fan base happy. I'd like to see a mockup with the geaux font on the helmet.

LOL, that's the website I was talking about when I said that I was discussing a change to the "Geaux" font, and it's the place I got that screenshot from the media guide. I have the same username on there.

It seems like everyone is pretty much OK with this change. For some reason, there are some that are acting like a change to the Geaux font from the current electrical tape look would be the end of the world....even though I point out a LOT of similarities.

gYH2mW9.png

Looks like LSU IS making the switch on its helmet decal this year. The excerpt below is reportedly from the football media guide:

2450jli.png

And can be seen in this image from a promotional photo shoot:

BsnDuglIUAEfCcy.jpg

Now if we could make the helmet purple lighter to match the jersey and pants, fix the pant striping to match the helmet & jersey, and go with a better font on the helmet, I think the uni would be perfect.

So glad this change is taking place. GeauxColonels, I'm not sure if you ever go over to TigerDroppings but I'm interested to see what they're saying over there since the negativity usually comes out in full force.

The logo is obviously not the best logo, not even close, but as already has been pointed out, it's a good modernization to keep a fan base happy. I'd like to see a mockup with the geaux font on the helmet.

I don't post on TD but I know it went over very well during the spring game with the LSU posters that wander over to the SEC Rant.

Make it thick like the old 49ers pants stripes to match the sleeves and helmet stripes. De chrome the helmet stripe and that's a winner

Don't know how to upload photos on here from iphone but Houston gave another teaser today and it's looking as though red and white are there without the silver/grey...I can only hope that its completely gone including the helmet logo also

Speaking of Houston, their new turf has been put down. It looks great in my opinion. The sublimated thundercat and skyline arent too in your face.

IMG_84409722273962_zpsckzimxo1.jpeg

That's how sublimation should work. I just haven't liked that thundercat logo since they revealed it.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Speaking of Houston, their new turf has been put down. It looks great in my opinion. The sublimated thundercat and skyline arent too in your face.

That's how sublimation should work. I just haven't liked that thundercat logo since they revealed it.

Yes not a fan of the logo but the actual turf looks better than the pic...I might have to actually go to a couple games this season and miss a

Majority of the other games. So glad the rob is gone now with the stadium being able to be expanded in the future hopefully the coogs can sneak in aa one of the final two teams in the big 12

Don't know how to upload photos on here from iphone but Houston gave another teaser today and it's looking as though red and white are there without the silver/grey...I can only hope that its completely gone including the helmet logo also

UHNEWUNITEASE4_zps684347dc.jpg

It appears the Houston word mark will be much smaller than it has been for the last couple of seasons. While it also appears that the one year dalliance with silver trim has ended, I would be shocked if the beveling on the helmet logos is gone as well.

Agreed, it looks a lot better in real life than I thought it was going to.

One of my co-workers is an Alum of Duke University where he played the TE position for the team and he said that the uniforms that where introduced a few weeks ago are indeed only to be worn this year and they will have new uniforms next year. I don't know if he is right, but I asked him how they could afford to buy these uniforms and he said the University has more money than people realize and the fact that season tickets raised up to $300 a ticket this year could be a factor.

spacer.png

One of my co-workers is an Alum of Duke University where he played the TE position for the team and he said that the uniforms that where introduced a few weeks ago are indeed only to be worn this year and they will have new uniforms next year. I don't know if he is right, but I asked him how they could afford to buy these uniforms and he said the University has more money than people realize and the fact that season tickets raised up to $300 a ticket this year could be a factor.

Is Duke going through some sort of rebrand

Archived