College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a video board is coming...there'll be one in the south endzone when they finish renovating the stadium for the 2017 season. It hasn't been announced, but it's clear that it's coming.

Those renovations are ridiculous. Why the hell do you need a frickin' ballroom in a football stadium?

A couple years back I took a tour of the Denver Broncos' stadium, and they had a ballroom in their premium-area. It doesn't make as much sense for a college team, though.

Those renovations are ridiculous. Why the hell do you need a frickin' ballroom in a football stadium?

Ballrooms are actually a huge asset for a school. It's basically a giant multipurpose room that is polished and primed that can be a showcase for the school, and an assembly hall for current students. At the ballroom at BGSU, I was in it as a high school senior as a guest at a scholar dinner, another time as an audience member for a televised event, and another time I even mini golfed in it, all within the span of 15 months. However, why they put it at their football stadium is a bit baffling. My guess is that the stadium had the best parking options on campus for guests at ballroom events (not to mention the lot is probably empty 359 days a year).

The ballroom is a part of a much larger project around Notre Dame Stadium bowl. It includes a new student center/union, a new student recreation center*, and classrooms space for Anthropology, Psychology and Music Departments when open. The student center will have the ballroom in addition to more meeting rooms for student organizations and a commercial banquet kitchen is needed, for fundraising events, new student orientation, or summer conferences which choose to be at Notre Dame.

Plus, Notre Dame, like a few other schools offer wedding packages to use the stadium, so you might as well have a choice of reception area sizes.

*-The current student rec center become the basketball practice facility.

Ballrooms are actually a huge asset for a school. It's basically a giant multipurpose room that is polished and primed that can be a showcase for the school, and an assembly hall for current students. At the ballroom at BGSU, I was in it as a high school senior as a guest at a scholar dinner, another time as an audience member for a televised event, and another time I even mini golfed in it, all within the span of 15 months. However, why they put it at their football stadium is a bit baffling. My guess is that the stadium had the best parking options on campus for guests at ballroom events (not to mention the lot is probably empty 359 days a year).

The ballroom is a part of a much larger project around Notre Dame Stadium bowl. It includes a new student center/union, a new student recreation center*, and classrooms space for Anthropology, Psychology and Music Departments when open. The student center will have the ballroom in addition to more meeting rooms for student organizations and a commercial banquet kitchen is needed, for fundraising events, new student orientation, or summer conferences which choose to be at Notre Dame.

Plus, Notre Dame, like many schools is in the wedding business. Not just inside the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, but other sites around campus. Michigan Stadium started hosting weddings in 2011, so when the Notre Dame project is complete, expect them to do the same.

*-The current student rec center become the basketball practice facility.

Looks like LSU IS making the switch on its helmet decal this year. The excerpt below is reportedly from the football media guide:

2450jli.png

Man, that is an ugly logo, no matter how much it's cleaned up. I still don't understand the love for that logo around these parts.

As for Utah, the devil's in the details. Had they done the mountains in a similar style to the one the Utah Jazz use, then it might've looked decent. But no, they had to take the cheap route and make it look 90's "edgy" with the jagged scribbles. It looks cheap and horribly dated.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

We knew LSU was putting the new logo on the lids. They posted a picture a few weeks back.

Before it said it was only being used for the spring game.

Correct. They used the logos on the lids for the spring game but said then that it wasn't a permanent change. There was speculation that it was a test and, depending on how well it was received, a change would be likely. But I never saw anything until this media guide confirming that the change was official and permanent. I honestly think that's what will happen with the font as well.

gYH2mW9.png

Tulane looks awful for many reasons, mainly because the stripes are so inconsistent. You have the old Arizona, now Fresno State, Paint-inspired stripes on the greens, and then normal shoulder striping on the white. Pick one. Preferably not the ones on the greens.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Not sure if this was posted, but Tulane has new uniforms this year as well. To me, these are a massive downgrade from their old uniforms.

New-Tulane-Football-Uniforms-Away-1.jpg

New-Tulane-Football-Uniforms-Away-2.jpg

Those 2 looks great, but the homes suck. They really need to use the away striping on the home.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Houston has posted on their Facebook and twitter that they will be unveiling new uniforms next Wednesday. I really disliked their 2013 set, so I think this is a good move as they move into the new TDECU Stadium.

houstonunitease_zps2595447a.jpg

Here's hoping the red jerseys with white shoulder yokes are a thing of the past.

Houston has posted on their Facebook and twitter that they will be unveiling new uniforms next Wednesday. I really disliked their 2013 set, so I think this is a good move as they move into the new TDECU Stadium.

houstonunitease_zps2595447a.jpg

Here's hoping the red jerseys with white shoulder yokes are a thing of the past.

Couldn't get out of the way of generic crap.

I've got a feeling that is this pants stripe

fresno-state-vs-nevada-nov-2.jpg

Looks like LSU IS making the switch on its helmet decal this year. The excerpt below is reportedly from the football media guide:

2450jli.png

And can be seen in this image from a promotional photo shoot:

BsnDuglIUAEfCcy.jpg

Now if we could make the helmet purple lighter to match the jersey and pants, fix the pant striping to match the helmet & jersey, and go with a better font on the helmet, I think the uni would be perfect.

That jersey really makes me wish that Nike would get UCLA.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

From some research I am doing for a project, I saw that Houston and Memphis use the same template, they just used different color ways.

14501537177_3e4e59b318_o.png

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived