College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

There is a rumor going around from the guy who runs Duke's Scout.com board that he has seen the 2015 Duke uniforms and that the 2014 uniforms are really only a 1 year throwback to the 25th anniversary of Spurrier's 1989 ACC co-championship. He says the 2015 uniforms go back to the 2008-13 jerseys, but upgraded to new materials (presumably Speed Machine or its ilk).

Seems a bit early to have intel on 2015 uniforms....

Also seems stupid to have a full season of a throwback. Not just a single throwback, or a home and away version of it, but also a BFBS version. I don't see these being one and dones.

Plus, it really bugs me that these uniforms are based on the 1989 team, but they aren't changing their helmets to the script Duke.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see Under Armour possibly bringing in the HBCU's in the state of Maryland (Morgan State & Bowie State) once the Russell deal is done. I have a feeling UA really wants all the state's college programs in the fold. That remains to be seen, because I was told the individual schools in the HBCU conferences don't make the own uniform deals.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

What were you expecting? UH to get it's own template?

"Here's hoping the (2013) red jerseys with white shoulder yokes are a thing of the past."is

I'm still hoping, but the latest pic has damaged my optimism.

The last pic is the bottom of the numbers on the back of the jersey. Not sure why people are getting upset about it...

"Here's hoping the (2013) red jerseys with white shoulder yokes are a thing of the past."is

The last pic is the bottom of the numbers on the back of the jersey. Not sure why people are getting upset about it...

I sure hope you're right about that.

I sure hope you're right about that.

He is, there is no doubt about it

Bit of a discrepancy in this photo with the numeral colors. If they made this switch, along with garnet numbers on the away, their set would be much better, in my opinion. As it is currently, it's decent.

Bs3wnK5IEAARbII.jpg

I agree with that as well. I think they might have changed it already and we didn't know it yet?

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

A closer look at Louisville's new helmet. I say it is a big downgrade from what they have before.

BtAhfcbCUAEI3G1.jpg

I like it. This is that type of chrome that isn't over bearing. It's just got a bit of a metallic shine too, to keep away from making it normal chrome.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Bit of a discrepancy in this photo with the numeral colors. If they made this switch, along with garnet numbers on the away, their set would be much better, in my opinion. As it is currently, it's decent.Bs3wnK5IEAARbII.jpg

I agree with that as well. I think they might have changed it already and we didn't know it yet?
I hope they have made the switch and the new jerseys just aren't in yet. Winston was wearing the gold number jersey at ACC Media Days. The white numbers on the garnet jersey and the garnet numbers on the white jersey would look much better. The gold numbers are just gold overload with the gold helmet and pants.
FSU2.gif

UHNEWUNITEASE3_zps26b9d4d5.jpg

So what are we looking at here?

Looks like a bit of the left shoulder and the upper back area of the jersey.

So this is likely a road jersey (white body/red sleeves). Am I right in assuming this is not the same jersey pictured in post #2354?

UHNEWUNITEASE3_zps26b9d4d5.jpg

So what are we looking at here?

Looks like a bit of the left shoulder and the upper back area of the jersey.

So this is likely a road jersey (white body/red sleeves). Am I right in assuming this is not the same jersey pictured in post #2354?

Yes it's probably the away jersey, versus the other picture probably being the home jersey.

Looks like LSU IS making the switch on its helmet decal this year. The excerpt below is reportedly from the football media guide:

2450jli.png

And can be seen in this image from a promotional photo shoot:

BsnDuglIUAEfCcy.jpg

Now if we could make the helmet purple lighter to match the jersey and pants, fix the pant striping to match the helmet & jersey, and go with a better font on the helmet, I think the uni would be perfect.

So glad this change is taking place. GeauxColonels, I'm not sure if you ever go over to TigerDroppings but I'm interested to see what they're saying over there since the negativity usually comes out in full force.

The logo is obviously not the best logo, not even close, but as already has been pointed out, it's a good modernization to keep a fan base happy. I'd like to see a mockup with the geaux font on the helmet.

Archived