College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how the orange popped in Syracuse's stormtrooper look today (especially on players wearing long orange socks). Besides the number issue I've already beat to the ground, though, the logos on the helmet needed the navy outline on it, IMO. The orange S decal jumped pretty well, but I felt it needed the usual outline to not make it go straight from orange to white.

-fc230331924ff73f.JPG

I will say the redesign grows on me each time I see it aside from the numbers. This will go down the drain when they do the all-navy everything look they loved last season or when they break out the grey.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

As much as I want Illinois to be wearing orange helmets and either orange or blue pants, I have to say their update looks great. The sublte Red Grange stripes are a nice touch and the way the blue frames the orange really makes the orange pop. I would like to see how the new wordmark would look on the helmets, though. Might be a nice modern update to the old helmets. The "I" looks fine, but its such a vertical letter it doesn't fill the space very well IMO. Its just too bad the team is absolutely terrible.

Washington, on the other hand, looks absolutely atrocious with the black shoulders and tv numbers, (which I just noticed). And the "Jaws, Razorback Tusks, Bear Claws" on the pants are stupid. It looks like the players' purple girdles are showing through a tear in the pants.

%100 agree. Illinois is proof that Nike can make a modern look using some traditional striping. Washington looks like hot garbage. The white helmet needs the previous years stripes, the black on the shoulders as well as the black TV numbers are out of place.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Kentucky looks pretty good but the matte white comes off a little yellowish under florida's lights. Would have looked better in the daylight. The mask and shinier logos and stripes look nice. I don't mind the experimentations I guess but the normal base uniforms always look great and have little to no issues.

Another fine example of Goofy Crap For the Sake of Goofy Crap in college football.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived